New pattern No 2 Dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cutsy, Aug 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was speaking to a good friend of mine who is a well known military tailor and he told me about the new Number 2 Dress coming out next year supposedly. He says that there will be little, if no difference in the actual pattern between Officers and OR's just the rank insignia and accoutrements?

Anyone know anything about this?
  2. I have seen the new No2 dress, at Sandhurst and it better than the old stuff, it is a lot lighter in weight but still looks good. It does differ alot, but the rank insignia is totall the same. The sooner it is in service the better!
  3. Yeah I know. I got my current set of No2 dress about 15 years ago and it's a f***ing nightmare. I either lose a couple of stones or wait for the new stuff. :)
  4. lol fat bass
  5. Can anyone with contacts post either pics or a link?

Have the powers that be thought this one out from top to bottom?

All very well having a nice suit, but then they accompany it with combat boots, polyester shirt and the wonderful green plastic belt.

PS is it still ginger?

6. Yes, pics would be nice. I agree all the other things have to change apart from maybe the shirts - they're ok. The ties are bloody awful and they have to change. Would it be asking too much to have one of polyester and not have loads of fraying at the bottom? Cheap and nasty shite if you ask me!!
  7. Polyester ties?

silk surely?!
  8. The likes of us with silk ties? Whatever next - Swords!!
  9. No, thats a bloke with massive ears in a pin-striped suit!
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I was hoping to get a pair of those ears issued.
  11. :D :D

The AcSM is wearing the NCO Peaked Cap with what appears to be Officer Pattern Service Dress. As the general rule for WO1s is not to mix Officers' Service Dress items with No 2 Uniform, I'm wondering whether the AcSM is wearing the new Number 2 Uniform?
  12. Doubt it. The AcSM would be wearing an officers' pattern service dress. All WO1's AFAIK wear officers' service dress.
  13. But Guards' WO1s wear No 2 Uniform and if the AcSM is wearing Service Dress why is he wearing the NCO/WO Peaked Cap?
  14. And WO1's only wear Service Dress if they pay for it.

Many don't, or at least it was that way when I was in.