New pattern field jacket

Thats funny , put my 95 pattern field jacket in for exchange , expecting a nice rip stop version to return and instead got something that looks like a cross between an SAS smock and the old 95 / pre 95 jacket

Could this be <gasp> soldier 2000 gear ?

( Yes I really have nothing better to do )

Its exactly the same as the 95 ripstop version but minus the ripstop

Material is halfway between the weight of the old jackets and the 95 shirt

What does the label say? What is the NSN? Got any photos?

I did hear of such a garment, as apparently it cost about 50p more to make a general issue smock with a hood than without. Do the pockets have mesh bottoms? (The new SAS smocks have mesh bottoms to let water out).

NSN 8415-99-869-1935
Jacket field disruptively patterned

Contract number DC2CESL/3129

Union jack badge already proffessionaly sewn in

Can't be old stock , never seen this pattern before , had everything since the 80's detachable pockets jacket

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well the NSN looks like the one for CS95 Jacket. Would the same NSN be used for a replaceemnt item?

No bc then it would get confused witht the older stock and everyone would loose tabs with what everyone had. Strange very strange...

The same NSN could be used, it's a newer version of the item. It still does the same job, with the same specifications, so it will be accounted for as the same item.
If it was a redesign with improved specs, then it could get a new NSN.

If a spare part is procured from a different supplier, but the specs are the same it won't get a new NSN, why would a jacket?

Latest Threads