New Operational Fitness Tests

Couldn't really decide where to put this, so mods please move if you think it should go somewhere else.

Just been having a lazy start to my working day and flicking through the October edition of 'Soldier' and read a short articlde on new Operational Fitness Tests. Does anyone have any more info or experience of these tests?

For anyone who hasnt seen the article or heard about it, it seems there are 6 tests including the current ACFT 1 and 2. All tests are loaded marches over varying distances and at different speeds carrying upto 35 Kgs and are to be carried out wearing helmet and body armour.

If you thought the CFT was boring - STANDBY!!!!

Well they can get stuffed, I'm not doing any of them, after all what are the consequences? They won't send you to Afghanistan, yeh what a punishment.

And can I find a copy of that online on armynet or something?
On ArmyNET type 1177 into the search box and click on the SITE button, Matt 2 Aug 2010 should come up top of the list. You then need to download the PDF doc then look in section 5 for OFT. ^_~

We did some of these on camp. Some were more of a shock to the system than others.

1.5 miles with 15KG of kit plus weapon in 18 minutes squadded followed by a 2 minute water break and 1.5 miles best effort for a total time of under 33 minutes was a bitch. I managed 36 and there were LOTS of people behind me!

We did some of these on camp. Some were more of a shock to the system than others.

1.5 miles with 15KG of kit plus weapon in 18 minutes squadded followed by a 2 minute water break and 1.5 miles best effort for a total time of under 33 minutes was a bitch. I managed 36 and there were LOTS of people behind me!
Did you find a long cut or were you just not trying very hard???

Are women tested the same?

eq ops !!!!!!!! they best do

Are women tested the same?
Women took the same test - not sure if they had to pass the same times. In fact there was some doubt over whether the times and weights were right but I haven't looked at the standards on Armynet to check.

Well they can get stuffed, I'm not doing any of them, after all what are the consequences? They won't send you to Afghanistan, yeh what a punishment.
and what makes you so special Mr Dingerr???? ; )

Women took the same test - not sure if they had to pass the same times. In fact there was some doubt over whether the times and weights were right but I haven't looked at the standards on Armynet to check.
The test you mentioned above bares no resemblance to operating in Afghan. Shows how much thought went into it, obviously those wonderful people from the PTI Corps putting their operational experience together.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Is there a sliding scale for age difference?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bigjock1229 Army Reserve 17
8 Royal Signals 10
G The Intelligence Cell 15