Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New OP MI Managers Course - whats the verdict?

They stopped doing courses as pre-quals to save money. Too many people were going on and failing therefore using up the training budget. It was pointed out to prervious CRSMs that using it as a pre qual also gave a benefit to writing a CR as it showed ambition if youcould get your arrseon a course and pass it rather than jsut sitting back and waiting for it to come to you. Another of those thins to separate the thrusters from the.. well non-thrusters. But as with all things it comes down to budgets. As a pre qual it makes you work harder knowing that you can't get promoted until you
pass it.

There were always sniggers when after coming off the board the CRSM stood in front of the course strraight-laced and announced that this was the premiere course in the Corps and it would decide who would be a WO2 or not. After all the board had already decided we were good enough, and how do you tell soeon who has been wearing the rank for two years and getting Good CRs that after 3 weeks in chicksands they weeren;t good enough!

ashford_old_school said:
They stopped doing courses as pre-quals to save money. !

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

can only assume this was the T&S expenditure of those repreatedly turning up to fail the course, as opposed to the Army money devolved to CDI to spend on training. Do I detect skullduggery in the Pizza hut??
Or perhaps a touch of laissez faire behind the Tank?

Malfunction

Swinger
CRmeansCeilingReached, have you submitted this as an article for the Rose and Laurel or Cognitio?

I think it is a good read.

252_me

Old-Salt
Malfunction said:
CRmeansCeilingReached, have you submitted this as an article for the Rose and Laurel or Cognitio?

You never know, it might put him back in the good books!!!!!!

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Malfunction said:

thank you. but for obvious reasons i am not really big on the whole Corps / Arrse interface situation at the moment. i tried to do something positive on here and it backfired completely.

also as it's on Arrse, i'm not sure how i can accomplish it during working hours without breaching my ASBO.

i'm sure if "they" like it they will put it in there. probably with someone else's name to it :roll:

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Malfunction said:

thank you. but for obvious reasons i am not really big on the whole Corps / Arrse interface situation at the moment. i tried to do something positive on here and it backfired completely.

also as it's on Arrse, i'm not sure how i can accomplish it during working hours without breaching my ASBO.

i'm sure if "they" like it they will put it in there. probably with someone else's name to it
:roll:

Maybe the instigator of your ASBO will plagiarise your work and have it published as their own in Cognitio.

deerhunter

War Hero
Fraser said:
Maybe the instigator of your ASBO will plagiarise your work and have it published as their own in Cognitio.

Plagiarism and taking the credit for others' work - in this Corps?

Surely not...

deerhunter said:
Fraser said:

Surely not...

Remeber-when you copy one person's work it is plagiarism; when you copy many people's work it is research.

252_me

Old-Salt
devexwarrior said:
deerhunter said:
Fraser said:

Surely not...

Remeber-when you copy one person's work it is plagiarism; when you copy many people's work it is research.

I like to think of it as collation........

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Malfunction said:

okay i've calmed down a bit now.

does anyone else think this is a good idea?

yes

Is Cognitio available on the DII?

Intresting to see which gets the most number of hits:

the Artist's original offering, or the Cognitio version??

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
subbsonic said:

hardly fair. Arrse has 27,331 members :)

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
subbsonic said:

hardly fair. Arrse has 27,331 members :)

That's a lot of members in one arrse....taxi

There was a really interesting article on the new OP MI Managers Course in the latest edition of Cognitio. :roll:

It looks like someone is back in favour with the Corps. :wink:

Fraser said:
There was a really interesting article on the new OP MI Managers Course in the latest edition of Cognitio. :roll:

I wouldn't go that far, they publish any old tat! :wink:

Legoman

Old-Salt
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Fraser said:

I wouldn't go that far, they publish any old tat! :wink:

Wasn't it a cut and paste from his original post here? :p

I did initially quote Cognitio from the WWW. However, that would probably have set the Opsec bunny off and running, so I have deleted it. However, DINT appeared unhappy that feedback on the course was published on ARRSE blah, blah, blah...

:roll: I'm sorry, but someone needs to calm themselves down a bit. Not exactly the greatest breach of OPSEC in the world is it.

Edited once for being a mong

Latest Threads