Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New OP MI Managers Course - whats the verdict?

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
deerhunter, fraser, i admire your mature approach to the issue of saluting spam WOs. however, please go and read chief_two's pages and pages of petulant rant and dribble before siding with him in future...blah, blah

If you'd bothered to provide a clickety click, maybe I would have bothered.

Having worked with a number of Chief Warrant Officers, from what I remember, a Chief Warrant Officer can hold the position of up to Bn Cmdr, dependent on rank/grade.

Chief_Two

Old-Salt
AMERICAN PRETEND OFFICER

What is the difference between a Commissioned Officer and a Warrant Officer? When you commission something, you hope it works. When you warrant something, you guarantee it.

deerhunter

War Hero
Chief_Two said:
AMERICAN PRETEND OFFICER

What is the difference between a Commissioned Officer and a Warrant Officer? When you commission something, you hope it works. When you warrant something, you guarantee it.

A useful quotation my friend, I will use it wisely.

adastra

War Hero
Chief_Two said:
There are also some direct entry WO1 Aviators.

The Battle of Britain was won in part by a proportion of enlisted pilots from the rank of Sergeant and above. The Army still have enlisted pilots from the rank of Sergeant and above, and will I understand, take promissing Corporals on at flight school?

The Royal Air Force has arguably lost some of the tradition of its founding fathers, in that pilots are no longer drawn from enlisted ranks.

I would be interested to know if Warrant Officer's are the only enlisted pilots in the US Military, or if Senior NCOs get to fly as well?

Chief_Two

Old-Salt
adastra said:
I would be interested to know if Warrant Officer's are the only enlisted pilots in the US Military, or if Senior NCOs get to fly as well?[/color]

There are no enlisted aviators in the US Military. Pilots are either Commissioned Officers or Warrant Officers.

If only there was a way of preventiong adastra and chief number 2 from sucking the life out of a thread?

Oh yes and I, for one, am really glad that the course is no longer like it used to be; tradition should only be upheld as long as it is pertinent or is rewuired to remind us of our heritage. The majority of WOs in the Corps can remember what a stretcher race, CFT and PFT are without having to do one onthe OPMI Managers' course. If we could just find a way to get it down to a week....

Wench3000

War Hero
Adastra really is a morale vampire. Just go!

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
ashford_old_school said:
If only there was a way of preventiong adastra and chief number 2 from sucking the life out of a thread?

Oh yes and I, for one, am really glad that the course is no longer like it used to be; tradition should only be upheld as long as it is pertinent or is rewuired to remind us of our heritage. The majority of WOs in the Corps can remember what a stretcher race, CFT and PFT are without having to do one onthe OPMI Managers' course. If we could just find a way to get it down to a week....

i know you're being flippant but remember the old adage - garbage in, garbage out. if you want lower quality WOs over the years, water down or shorten the course. i think two weeks was about right; a week would just be a pretend course.

Chief_Two

Old-Salt
.. if you want lower quality WOs over the years, water down or shorten the course. I think two weeks was about right; a week would just be a pretend course.

I agree one week is too short. The US Army's Warrant Officer Candidate School is 6 weeks.

Chief_Two

Old-Salt
Dear Chief_Two,

My men are not going to salute you. Ever. Kindly fuck off and stop bothering them.

Yours,

The Queen of England.

Staff Sergeant (E7)

You'll need to change your attitude if you want to become a Warrant Officer.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Chief_Two said:
Dear Chief_Two,

My men are not going to salute you. Ever. Kindly fuck off and stop bothering them.

Yours,

The Queen of England.

Staff Sergeant (E7)

You'll need to change your attitude if you want to become a Warrant Officer.

And you'll need to change your nationality and get a proper commission if you ever want to get saluted by us, knobjockey ;)

CR thats the ticket, it would be nice to think that a ripost like that would get rid of that t*at but I think we will be sadly disillusioned and he will be back.

ashford_old_school said:

i know you're being flippant but remember the old adage - garbage in, garbage out. if you want lower quality WOs over the years, water down or shorten the course. i think two weeks was about right; a week would just be a pretend course.

As much as it kills me to agree withyou CR you are right, especially now as it is being used as a prequal and not just an attendance course liek it was prior to this year's. Otherwise a week would be perfect!!!

ashford_old_school said:
........., especially now as it is being used as a prequal and not just an attendance course liek it was prior to this year's.

As a slightly old f@rt I am a bit puzzled here and have to ask when it stopped being a pre-qual for promotion??

Latest Threads