• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New Official MOD discount Directory

Looka as if the MOD and the Government have rebadged the old Discount Directory into the new Defence Discount Service. The link in the sticky on this site takes you to a blank screen so if you want to participate in the new scheme and receive your discount card you should register here:

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/index.php

Defence Discount Service
Operated by Blue Light Card Ltd on behalf of the Ministry Of Defence
Company Registration: 06581540

I got the notification of this scheme via the MOD Facebook feed, registered on it last night. Just had to chuck in my old serial number and the membership went straight through.

Looks like it'll save a few shillings on stuff you'd spend on anyway. So far I can't see any downside and it was about time they started doing something for us! :)

dockers

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Yes, have used it with Vodafone. Bit of an admin problem as discount didn't initially show up on bill, although applied on total due. Resolved now, no complaints.

Cheers for this. Just signed up.

Few useful items (like 10% off Dell) but also a few reminders as to the crap some marketing writers come out with.

Like this gem: "ASDA: Save an amazing 3.5% on gift cards!"

3.5%. Truly Amazing.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Cheers for this. Just signed up.

Few useful items (like 10% off Dell) but also a few reminders as to the crap some marketing writers come out with.

Like this gem: "ASDA: Save an amazing 3.5% on gift cards!"

3.5%. Truly Amazing.
Search dell discount codes.

Search dell discount codes.
Now that is interesting. I did indeed give that a Google.

Do these codes actually work? I'm doubtless missing a trick here (wouldn't be the first time), but surely if 25% discount codes are only a Google away, then no-one will be paying full price?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Now that is interesting. I did indeed give that a Google.

Do these codes actually work? I'm doubtless missing a trick here (wouldn't be the first time), but surely if 25% discount codes are only a Google away, then no-one will be paying full price?
It's just a means of marketing you either find a cheaper price or pay what they ask. Any site offering discounts will be taking a cut themselves. Just shop around, barter even in shops, even if its just £20 it's better in your pocket.

News update! Got my discount card for use in participating high street shops yesterday and included in the envelope was a second card for 10% off in Iceland!

www.defencediscountservice.co.uk
Got my Defence Discount Card this week but no accompanying Iceland card.
I contacted Iceland about this and it would appear that as of Feb 2014 they no longer issue them with the Defence card.
Still, 20% off at KFC is better than nowt.

Latest Threads