New Number 2s Dress?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by armies, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dont mean to be a boring sod, opening a new thread about clothing.(.but this is QMs interest!), but ive heard new number 2 dress will be introduced.

Does anyone know what it will look like, or if this is just rumour?

Number 2 dress, is the only dress that hasnt changed much over the years, and with defence cuts and the like, id be surprised if they are going to give the whole British army new number 2s.
  2. I,m not sure it will be of a new design?? However taking to the stores blokes, It seems that the current contract for No 2 dress is due's out and a new contract starts in April.
  3. Have heard roumer it like the officers no2's dress but not so well done.
  4. Any reason why its changing? never has done in many, many years.
  5. Rumor has it that the new pattern No2 Dress will be a single issue across all ranks. There will no longer be a seperate officer pattern.
  6. They could be introducing a new pattern of number twos which are for all ranks.This has been the case with RM lovats for years except some officers wear gold ties instead of the normal brown/beige one.

This could be due to the introduction of tri-service drill.
  7. RM No1 C Lovat Dress.

This uniform has two patterns; OR and Officer. They are different.

Officers all have beige ties, OR all have brown.

If you don't know, don't say.

8. I mentioned ties. Tw@t And senior officers have gold ties.

If you don't know, don't say.

9. First I've heard of this one. Can't even do Army drill properly, never mind learning someone else's! Which service is going to take the lead on this one? :frustrated: Sorry to any matelots,booties reading but yours is funking pump!(Slidey foot thing looks gay!)Crabs, well, Queens Colour Squadron are pretty good but thats about it. Why don't we just admit that within 5 years the whole of the forces are going to be just one service anyway, we can all wear purple berets and get "assigned" to virtually any military establishment? Sooooo glad my time to do is getting few.
  10. There was an attempt to introduce dark green uniforms in 1979/80 160 Pro Coy RMP at Aldershot trialled it. A few went up to London to assist with Ceremonial Duties and were sent packing by the Maj Gen London District. It died a death after that.
  11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

There have been various threads on this, but basically a new 'all ranks' No 2 dress is being issued, based on the current officer pattern. This will be introduced over the next couple of years. As I understand it, it will consist of a tunic, together with about 4 pairs of trousers which can be worn with a shirt and woolly pully as barrack dress as well as for parades etc.
  12. Correct me if im wrong, but number 2s are similar for all ranks anyway. Just officers where a different shirt, belt and wear browny coloured shoes instead of boots.?
  13. Yep, You're wrong.

OR's is a much plainer version than the officers. It has had changes in recent years; I certainly remember going from nice wool No2s to nasty nylon, without pocket pleats etc.
  14. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Correct, plus officers have to buy theirs at present... which I gather they won't have to do in future.
  15. ......and it is 'wear' not 'where'.