New No 2 Dress?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by robkedar, Aug 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yeah, the new Future Army Dress has been rolling out for a few months I believe..

2. Looks sh!t doesnt it?

I have it on good authority that even the ACF (adults first cadets later)will be issued it. Why? We don't need it, ever?

Waste of money...

3. The biggest waste of money would be buying enough material to cover your obese frame - walting child toucher.

4. We (ACF) probably will, it's already on various cadet websites at about £200 all together..

There was an AI on Annual with FAD too..

5. 200 fooking pounds for that???

6. when its well tailored it feels quite nice on

7. The orificers wont like it.

8. I wouldn't first parade the outrage push-bike for this roll out. Soldiers have got new uniforms :sleepy:

9. My unit got a demo of a new all ranks No 2 dress proposed in about 1978. It was made out of the green nylon barrack dress material and looked absolutely shocking. A Colonel came down from the MOD for lunch with us wearing it. He got a terrible ear bashing. Some time shortly after that the kit disappeared off the agenda. Bearing that experience in mind the new kit looks smart to me. Quite natty in fact.

10. So what happens with Us old farts who have the old No2s????
    Is it a straight swap for the new stuff??? or do we just keep our old stuff.

And I hear shoes are now issued rather than Best boots?

11. It looks absolute f**king sh1t

12. Indeed correct, we now have the same shoes the RAF have for working shoes