New New Top Gear

sans ginger Twat

BBC Top Gear - everything you need to know

It'll be interesting to see if the supposedly non-scripted approach might work.

That said, bad housepoint to the BBC - two black chaps and Matt Le Blanc. Where the HELL are the women, LGBT, Asian, etc. etc. presenters??? Not a wheelchair in sight, no lessons learnt from Countryfile!

Last edited:
Hello, am new here, as for the thread, i did watch the trailer for the latest season of top gear coming up, but i think we have to wait and see what they got for all the petrol heads out here. Seeing would be believing.

I've been winding a few people up telling them that the BBC are going to be adding a 'TGT fee' on the licence fee (top gear topup fee) so they can compete with Amazon funding Grand Tour. I helpfully suggested that starting a petition would be a great idea.

Is it really? I would have thought after the last series it would struggle to break even.

Having said that I was disappointed with the Grand Tour. If I ever hear James May say "Does that mean they won't be on then" again, I'll spew!
New Top Gear 'selling to more overseas countries than Jeremy Clarkson version', despite UK ratings flop

The motoring show is said to be the BBC’s biggest global brand, with sales and merchandise marketing thought to worth more than £50 million a year.

Joey's Top Gear will need to have a massive overhaul as there is no way that they can hope to compete with the Grand Tour. TGT was pretty good viewing and aside from the odd annoying bit (Does that mean he/she's not coming on & The American) the show was bloody good.

There is room for two major car shows on the box but not one that tries to copy the other as it will just be the poor, naff relation.

Is it really? I would have thought after the last series it would struggle to break even.

Having said that I was disappointed with the Grand Tour. If I ever hear James May say "Does that mean they won't be on then" again, I'll spew!
I'm with you on that, I tended to skip on as soon as I heard the words ''Celebrity Bain Crash''. That and the American: utter bollox. Otherwise reasonably watchable but certainly not the main or only reason I pay for Prime

Joey's Top Gear will need to have a massive overhaul as there is no way that they can hope to compete with the Grand Tour. TGT was pretty good viewing and aside from the odd annoying bit (Does that mean he/she's not coming on & The American) the show was bloody good.

There is room for two major car shows on the box but not one that tries to copy the other as it will just be the poor, naff relation.
Agree with you regarding The American. I know it's a piss take but I'd quite happily smash that fat fúcker in the grid with a brick.

I reckon The American and the Celebrity Brain thing will get binned. They are just utter dog eggs in an otherwise entertaining show. I'm sure the Grand Tour team already know it was a mistake but there were loads of rubbish bits on Top Gear as well that they tried and then dumped so it's no surprise. I'm just glad my daughter has Amazon so I don't have to pay to watch it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They've probably signed up Lichtenstein, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City.
Well, if they get the Vatican it will be touted from pulpits across the world! Great advertising, and free (ish).

I reckon The American and the Celebrity Brain thing will get binned. They are just utter dog eggs in an otherwise entertaining show. I'm sure the Grand Tour team already know it was a mistake but there were loads of rubbish bits on Top Gear as well that they tried and then dumped so it's no surprise. I'm just glad my daughter has Amazon so I don't have to pay to watch it.
Celebrity Brain Crash was Clarkson & Co. taking a hefty swipe at the Beeb for banning them from interviews. it was a giant "FU BBC" and I fully expect it to be gone in the next series to be replaced by something else.

I think the American is again a swipe at the BBC for keeping The Stig and they wanted something completely different from Silent Driver In White. I wasn't keen on it, but they definitely need someone to do the laps. Maybe next series they should grab one of the young touring car hopefuls or someone from the lower rungs of motorsport..> "The Youth" or some-such.

Or a really, really old retired racing driver....The Tiff.