New NATO intelligence chief was trained by KGB

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/02/03/europe/nato.php

Congratulations Sandor!

2. Clearly a case of 'Know your Enemy'.

Are you the enemy, Sergey?

3. Me? You joke. I'm a friend. Sometimes even I have a stange feeling that I begin to think in English...

Btw, Dzerzhinsky Academy was really Rocket Force academy, not KGB's one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_military_academies#Dzerzhinsky_Military_Academy_of_Rocket_Force

4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Why worry?

He's obviously well-trained and competent.
    He will therefore be VERY good at keeping secrets, otherwise he will disappear [along with his family] to somewhere nasty.

Sounds like a good choice to me ;-)

5. blue-sophist

That would be the Pyotr that built St Petersburg on a swamp with slave labour?

Good chap ... very enlightened for those days :wink:

6. Exactly.

[​IMG]

Peter the 1st personally executed (beheaded) some rebels on the Red square.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. blue-sophist

Nice pictures, Sergey.

St Petersberg is actually somewhere "over there" I am tempted to visit, just to see the museums [and I'm not even artsy!].

I wouldn't go to France or Germany from choice ... or indeed most of Europe, come to that! :)

8. Now there's a surprise !

Still, the European Soviet Union must be expected to employ its own.

As for our apology for a government, I doubt that even the 'Stalinist Bottler' Mr. Bean - an unreconstructed Marxist if ever there was one - has noticed.

Odd this item is 'broken' on the day the Marxists are caught eavesdropping on one of their own. Reaction: Not me honest; no letter was received in No.10 honest.

9. blue-sophist

As one does, of course ... Imperial rights, and that sort of thing.
    In the Far West, we have a much gentler approach to such matters.
    We give the poor shelter, masses of taxpayer's money for not working, and generally act as a magnet for those wishing to escape Eastern Europe ...

Oh, dear. That was your bit, wasn't it?
    Didn't it all work out well for you. After years of imprisoning Eastern Europe, once they get freedom you get Western Europe to pay to look after the victims.

Russia always plays the long game :wink:

10. about time we had someone on the case with proper training!

11. Well, at least he did some of the wet-work himself; you have to respect a leader who's not afraid to get his hands dirty. :wink:

So what was the KGB Academy like, Sergey? I assume you are a graduate...

12. The current Prime Minister of Hungary, Ferenc Gyurcsany (ex leader of the communist youth movement under the old regime) is personal friends with this man. There is uproar in Hungary over the appointment as further evidence of the regression of the security services and police into communist era behaviour. Gyurcsany (pronounced jerchann) is an unreconstructed communist who refuses to accept that the previous regime did anything wrong (including murdering their fellow countrymen in the '56 uprising).

BTW, Gyurcany declared his earnings and portfolio last week. He only owns one apartment (a 50sq metre apartment in northern Hungary which his mum lives in), and a declared income of 350,000 euros from the various companies he "purchased" from the State when communism collapsed. His net worth is several hundred million euros: he thinks himself a businessman, but in reality he is a liar and a thief (sounds like Bliar): he would buy a company worth 50million euros from the State for 10 thousand euros and then sell it for its real value. Cúnt.

His popularity is at an all time low: were there to be an election here in Hungary tomorrow his party would loose all but 20odd seats in parliament. Sadly, like the Britain and the **** Broon, this country is stuck with the twát for a few more years yet.

On a personal note, when I and my wench are out running we sometimes see the **** out jogging with his personal security detail (up to 10 officers). My wench never misses the opportunity to call him wánker and uses the old Magyar insult of "a horses dick to your arrse" (which is rather rude) :)

13. Of course not, he was never there !!! :ufo: ......

do like the second picture, looks like a great pi$$ up, but the hangover could kill.....

14. Good Drills that woman! :twisted:

15. There was Dzerzhinsky KGB's High School. My father and my wife graduated here. But not me.

As for the High Scholl itself then - nothing special. For example, my father was trained to conversate with people, to determine their habits, to stimulate them to boast and so on (there were many other courses of course). And all his life he served in military counter-intelligence. As for my wife then in Germany and Austria people use to be suprised to know that she is not native German. However, she left KGB long ago.