new name

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MrTracey, Feb 12, 2013.

?
  1. The Army Reserve

44 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. The Volunteer Reserve

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. The Army (V)

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. The Territorial Army

37 vote(s)
    35.6%
  5. The Militia

14 vote(s)
    13.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We don't know the output of the Green Paper yet but as the first question was about the name (do you like 'Army Reserve' or not?) it's a sure fire bet that before long, we might be asked to rebrand. I'm sure that we've done this before but it would be nice to know what the strength of feeling on this site is given that the future is integrated, Whole Force, routine mobilisation, compelled to attend training, twinned, a new contract, and rebased.

So,

2. My vote is for 'PSC':

'Piabetic STAB *****'

• Like Like x 2
  3. The SaS?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Militia was/is good enough for we Canucks, and they were the backbone of the CEF in both wars, as well as fleshing out the regular regiments in Afghanistan.

5. SWAT ?

Some Weekends And Tuesdays......

Mind you only works if your drill nights on a Tuesday =)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrT...if its a 'sure fire bet', why the 'might'?

Anyway, the whole thing's academic. When (not if) it comes, it will be an order, not an 'ask'.

The only reason it hasn't happened already is that primary legislation must change first...and rebranding will cost money which they have decided in the first instance to channel towards a re-equipment programme for their new best friends in the part-time Army. Throughout Army HQ, references to 'TA' are slowly but surely being dropped in favour of 'Reserve'.

7. Pronounced 'Mow-lisha' in less well-disposed circles, n'est ce pas?

8. Who cares! Your entry standard has just been lowered to MND Temp, does the name really matter?

9. Someone had best tell the recruiting group then as far as they're concerned it's common military selection all the way, you can start of being a STAB pass selection and elect to go regular.......

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm sure the message will get through.

11. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

The RLC !

12. Oh the irony you no mark ****.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Appears it is!

14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Can we be called the 'delusionally believed to be the future model of a professional fighting force'. Sorry, no acronym, but I will allow us to be called 'Delusionals' to save letter head and newspaper space.