new name

In the new world, if we rebrand the TA, what should it be...

• The Army Reserve

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • The Volunteer Reserve

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • The Army (V)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • The Territorial Army

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • The Militia

Votes: 14 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We don't know the output of the Green Paper yet but as the first question was about the name (do you like 'Army Reserve' or not?) it's a sure fire bet that before long, we might be asked to rebrand. I'm sure that we've done this before but it would be nice to know what the strength of feeling on this site is given that the future is integrated, Whole Force, routine mobilisation, compelled to attend training, twinned, a new contract, and rebased.

So,

We don't know the output of the Green Paper yet but as the first question was about the name (do you like 'Army Reserve' or not?) it's a sure fire bet that before long, we might be asked to rebrand. I'm sure that we've done this before but it would be nice to know what the strength of feeling on this site is given that the future is integrated, Whole Force, routine mobilisation, compelled to attend training, twinned, a new contract, and rebased.

So,
MrT...if its a 'sure fire bet', why the 'might'?

Anyway, the whole thing's academic. When (not if) it comes, it will be an order, not an 'ask'.

The only reason it hasn't happened already is that primary legislation must change first...and rebranding will cost money which they have decided in the first instance to channel towards a re-equipment programme for their new best friends in the part-time Army. Throughout Army HQ, references to 'TA' are slowly but surely being dropped in favour of 'Reserve'.

Militia was/is good enough for we Canucks, and they were the backbone of the CEF in both wars, as well as fleshing out the regular regiments in Afghanistan.
Pronounced 'Mow-lisha' in less well-disposed circles, n'est ce pas?

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
SWAT ?

Some Weekends And Tuesdays......

Mind you only works if your drill nights on a Tuesday =)
Thursday?

Sent by Crapatalk. Sitting on my bog having a dump.

I don't see why the TA even needs its own name. It is the Army.

If you work full time for Tesco, you work for Tesco. If you work part time for Tesco, you work for Tesco.