New name - Old wounds.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Feb 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As they've yet to find any links between serving in the First Gulf War and people getting sick then Chronic Multi-symptom Illness seems appropriate as it's a chronic illness with multiple symptoms.

2. Except, as normal, you're wrong again. It hasn't been renamed at all. The actual Veteran Affairs description is here;

Gulf War Veterans? Medically Unexplained Illnesses - Public Health

The term 'medically unexplained chronic multi symptom illnesses' (the correct descriptor rather than your invented, by the addition of capital letters, disease) is a descriptor of a set of symptoms with no identified cause. It doesn't have capital letters as it isn't a condition, it's a descriptor of a a set of symptoms with no obvious cause or classification.

Again all it shows is that an illness you are convinced exists doesn't in the minds of medicine or science, it's an amorphous mass of unexplained symptoms.

The VA's description direct from their website:

VA prefers not to use the term “Gulf War Syndrome” when referring to medically unexplained symptoms reported by Gulf War Veterans. Why? Because symptoms vary widely and therefore, do not meet the definition of a syndrome. A syndrome is a group of symptoms that usually occur together and characterize a certain disease or abnormal condition. That is why VA uses the terms “medically unexplained chronic multisymptom illnesses” and "undiagnosed illnesses" instead of “Gulf War Syndrome.”

ie it's not a single illness.

• Like Like x 3
  3. You have written that in such a way as if i have personally invented the name and imagined the whole array of illnesses that thousands on both sides of the Atlantic now suffer from.

'medically unexplained chronic multi symptom illnesses with no identified cause" ... tonight's episode of the Twilight Zone. :)

4. They should rename it FTTTGSFC:

"Feigning Tossers Trying To Get Some Free compensation".

5. Now now, it's complicated enough without introducing the element of finance into the equation. :)

6. I've always equated "Gulf War Syndrome" as the military version of M.E in that it's a convenient excuse for bluffing *****.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

its pot noodles from the naafi wot did it.

no one knows whats in them

• Like Like x 1
  8. Funny you mention that, out of all the people I know who served in the first gulf war not one of them has "Gulf War Syndrome" and I've never heard any stories about people suffering from it either (except for news/internet articles).

• Like Like x 1
  9. All the people I know involved in Granby - not many to be truthful - were / are gopping fat ***** who loved a sewn in crease and a "yellow handbag". Critters.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grumblegrunt

11. Same here. There was one ex medic, I forget who but he is known to me, who got his grinner on the box whinging about how he was exposed to Malathion is large quantities during prisoner delousing. I'll let wikipaedia explain the side effects

Malathion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All done? Good. As soon as he got on the box, it was pointed out to him that he actually had **** all to do with prisoner handling as was actually a long way away, with other medics.

Bluffing ****

12. So, in summary, Air Filter is a bluffing fat ****, resplendent in sharp creases, stooped from carrying handbags of Kraut piss and lives in a council house? What a ******* wretch.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Grumblegrunt

to be fair though I put my name forward to go but the battalion I was with held me back. I did end up pumping a lot of syringes into guys in a very short space of time. we took them as well just in case but one a day not 20 in one go.

NAPS tablets might have a lot to do with it but none of the girls seem to have suffered and they were more at risk being child sized and taking adult doses.

14. We were giving 6 in one go at Keogh as guys came through, three in each arm. We had a bunch of kiwis turn up and I was just banging them in and being on auto pilot by that point didn't ping that the one in front of me was a pint sized doris with arms like string. Rammed that needle right into the bone - not a happy camper