New name for this forum?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BFBS, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As you'll have seen, BFBS TV is now sponsoring this forum, and it seems that everyone (including Bad CO) thinks it could do with a better name.

Do you agree? And better still, what are your suggestions?

Can I start off with:

Glamorarrse - TV, Film, Music and all things Glamorous

A Pain In The Arts

Does My Arts Look Big In This

Couch Potatoes
  2. How about just leaving it as it is, so we know what it is.
    Do like you suggestions though, especially 'Does My Arts Look Big In This'.
  3. Glamorarrse gets my vote - if we are having one?
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not sure.

As this is sponsored by the British Forces Broadcasting Service and taking into account the new DIN, can we actually say anything and can the BFBS broadcast anything other than repeats of Eastenders?
  5. That's a but grumpy, Auld Yin.

We do show Eastenders, and there are a lot of wives and families overseas who really appreciate that - as our audience research repeatedly tells us. When the BBC and ITV decided to keep adding more episodes of the soaps, we can hardly leave half of them out.

Here's a selection of the things other than sport and soaps from this week's BFBS TV listings:

West Wing
    Cape Wrath
    Brothers and Sisters
    Mock The Week
    Law and Order
    And classics Porridge and Sharpe
  6. The BFBS Forum for Arts and Culture.
  7. Has BlotBangRub last fw forums tunrned you
  8. Say again?
  9. What happened to the poorly edited episodes of Top Gear?

As fo the forum title: in Trivial Pursuit, Arts and Literature questions are coloured brown and Entertainment questions (films, TV et al) are pink.

Pink and Brown? I'll leave you to do the maths...
  10. Film

Arrse FARTS
  11. Its a bit pink and fluffy

Sounds good
  12. How about "The under funded out of touch bunch of individuals trying to do their best by relying on crappy surveys that do not target the appropriate audience, nonetheless they try and turn out a decent mix of progammes but ulitmately their service iss still shite and not as good as sky forum".

Or perhaps not......

Incidentally, why do BFPS shops sell stuff supposedly Tax Free, but is in deed and in fact more expensive than the Tax Paid UK Retail price, e.g. ACER Laptops.
  13. Oooh, Sammy The Cat, miaoow. Let me get you a saucer of milk.
  14. No - you are OK.

Are you anything to do with SSVC though - I am referring to their shop in Paderborn-Sennelager.

If not, then I don't suppose you could post their contact details - not the shop, but the managing area (or PM them to me), it's just that I need to nail them on their prices.

Absoluite rip-off.
  15. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

the_butler stirs from his slumber - and gets my vote.