New name for this forum?

As you'll have seen, BFBS TV is now sponsoring this forum, and it seems that everyone (including Bad CO) thinks it could do with a better name.

Do you agree? And better still, what are your suggestions?

Can I start off with:

Glamorarrse - TV, Film, Music and all things Glamorous

A Pain In The Arts

Does My Arts Look Big In This

Couch Potatoes

How about just leaving it as it is, so we know what it is.
Do like you suggestions though, especially 'Does My Arts Look Big In This'.

Glamorarrse gets my vote - if we are having one?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not sure.

As this is sponsored by the British Forces Broadcasting Service and taking into account the new DIN, can we actually say anything and can the BFBS broadcast anything other than repeats of Eastenders?

That's a but grumpy, Auld Yin.

We do show Eastenders, and there are a lot of wives and families overseas who really appreciate that - as our audience research repeatedly tells us. When the BBC and ITV decided to keep adding more episodes of the soaps, we can hardly leave half of them out.

Here's a selection of the things other than sport and soaps from this week's BFBS TV listings:

House
Sopranos
West Wing
Jekyll
Cape Wrath
Brothers and Sisters
Mock The Week
CSI
Law and Order
And classics Porridge and Sharpe

SparkySteve said:
The BFBS Forum for Arts and Culture.
Has BlotBangRub last fw forums tunrned you

BFBS said:
That's a but grumpy, Auld Yin.

We do show Eastenders, and there are a lot of wives and families overseas who really appreciate that - as our audience research repeatedly tells us. When the BBC and ITV decided to keep adding more episodes of the soaps, we can hardly leave half of them out.

Here's a selection of the things other than sport and soaps from this week's BFBS TV listings:

House
Sopranos
West Wing
Jekyll
Cape Wrath
Brothers and Sisters
Mock The Week
CSI
Law and Order
And classics Porridge and Sharpe
What happened to the poorly edited episodes of Top Gear?

As fo the forum title: in Trivial Pursuit, Arts and Literature questions are coloured brown and Entertainment questions (films, TV et al) are pink.

Pink and Brown? I'll leave you to do the maths...

SparkySteve said:
The BFBS Forum for Arts and Culture.
Its a bit pink and fluffy

the_butler said:
Film
Arts
Radio
TV
Scipture

Arrse FARTS
Sounds good

How about "The under funded out of touch bunch of individuals trying to do their best by relying on crappy surveys that do not target the appropriate audience, nonetheless they try and turn out a decent mix of progammes but ulitmately their service iss still shite and not as good as sky forum".

Or perhaps not......

Incidentally, why do BFPS shops sell stuff supposedly Tax Free, but is in deed and in fact more expensive than the Tax Paid UK Retail price, e.g. ACER Laptops.

BFBS said:
Oooh, Sammy The Cat, miaoow. Let me get you a saucer of milk.
No - you are OK.

Are you anything to do with SSVC though - I am referring to their shop in Paderborn-Sennelager.

If not, then I don't suppose you could post their contact details - not the shop, but the managing area (or PM them to me), it's just that I need to nail them on their prices.

Absoluite rip-off.

The Garden Room

(In honour of Tim)

Mr Happy

LE
Sammy The Cat said:
How about "The under funded out of touch bunch of individuals trying to do their best by relying on crappy surveys that do not target the appropriate audience, nonetheless they try and turn out a decent mix of progammes but ulitmately their service iss still shite and not as good as sky forum".

Or perhaps not......

Incidentally, why do BFPS shops sell stuff supposedly Tax Free, but is in deed and in fact more expensive than the Tax Paid UK Retail price, e.g. ACER Laptops.
Oi Sammy, don't beat up on our new forum sponsor, their cash helps arrse which helps you and the rest of britfor. And I am sure they know they're underfunded... How much do you pay for sky? How much do you imagine BFBS gets out of the govt/BBC alocated funds.

And as for relying on surveys conducted when the Bg has been in Iraq for 2 months... a good point.

Mr Happy said:
Sammy The Cat said:

Or perhaps not......

Oi Sammy, don't beat up on our new forum sponsor, their cash helps arrse which helps you and the rest of britfor. And I am sure they know they're underfunded... How much do you pay for sky? How much do you imagine BFBS gets out of the govt/BBC alocated funds.

And as for relying on surveys conducted when the Bg has been in Iraq for 2 months... a good point.
Sincerest apologies.

.......... none of that was true :)

BFBS, why is the standard of picture reception of BFBS in BFG (particularly Munster) so awful? Its not just my house, its all around me as well, when its run through a digibox or normal aerial its like watching it through a mesh during a sandstorm. Also is it the bandwidth of BFBS radio which makes the reception so bad when driving around BFG, it goes in and out of tune just driving down the road I live on.

As for the name how about ARRSE Arts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General_Layabout Sick Jokes 1
napier Transition & Veterans Research 0
Magic_Mushroom Aviation 99