New MVP2 waterproofs - looks good, any good?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jul 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I gather its de rigeur at Brecon and it LOOKS well enough made, but is the new waterproof actually any good?

BB

2. Got any pics of it? Is it similar to the dutch gear?

3. I doubt you'll see any at RTC for a while.

4. Guess where I saw it. ( clue; RTC. )

5. oh, is it like FAD? where the new soldiers get it before the old ones?

6. Obviously there are no trained soldiers at the RTC, are there?

Oh. hold on...

7. Am I thick for not knowing exactly what RTC is? I think it is Recruit Training Centre but I could be horribly wrong, and I am usually good at deciphering TLAs and MLAs. (At least I thought I was until I became a member of ARRSE, anyway.)

Tam

8. At the risk of being a Wah......You're correct....almost, Regional Training Centre

9. From Boxy:
    "At the risk of being a Wah......You're correct....almost, Regional Training Centre"

Thank you, thank you, thank you. One less thing for my diddy idiotic brain to worry about. :cool:

Tam

10. OK, by my original comment I was referring to the people coming in the door!

Should have known you'd come back with the intelligent response.

11. TRBD

Penny dropped as to what you meant after I'd replied.

Oops.

Actually seen on a DS bod at RTC SE this week.

12. There are no new waterproofs being issued yet - its still CS95 style. It may be possible that your saw a PECOC trial set being worn. These will be rolled out on a replacement basis from 2011.

13. is that the keela goretex thats being trialled for PECOC?

14. I don't know if BB remembers them, but there was a Lt in our Bn who was involved in the PECOC stuff and was always sporting interesting new kit. In the days before UORs and such pressure on kit, the MoD used to come up with all sorts of silly things to make.

Wasn't him was it?