New MTP uniform

ok I get the hint, I was just wondering that's all as I'm new to the TA (being attested later today) and I only just read and found out about the new uniform but I guess I'll ask my psi when I find out who or what one is !!!!!!

Why?
So you can wear it in various guises on petrol station forecourts, the bus, trains, domestic flights, daffodil fields, office buildings, motorway services, KFC/Subway/McD's, the beach, hospitals, a big top ******* circus' or anywhere else you can stand about and glow in self perceived public adulation?

That's the kind of answer i'd only expect from a bored and lonely little child who ain't got a clue about nothing and judging by your profile picture you are definitely one of them !! Thanks for your reply anyway, you just proved that 'care in the community' doesn't work.

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Shouldn't you get your new teeth installed before taking a uniform under false pretences?

If you read the post PROPERLY that's exactly what I am doing and as for any false pretences, well I had a full army medical, I declared it on my RG8 dental notes and I was declared as being dentally fit by my own dentist so what false pretences are you on about ? A false pretence is when you hide or cover up something in order to con and, or fool somebody and I fail to see where I done any of those things so before you try and be clever (as you're obviously very far from being clever) get your facts right

So if I understand correctly, you are joining the stabs and the thing that concerns you the most is the uniform. Exactly why are you joining?

Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE app

I want to join up because i have a lot of respect for our soldiers both past and present and i am very proud of the work they do and i dont wanna be one of the millions that sit about moaning about this country and the bad world we live in but do **** all about it !! I only mentioned the uniform as I read on here that it's changing soon and I just wanted to know a bit more about when it will happen as my brother was a staff/colour sergeant in the RGJ a few years back and he said I can have whatever kit he has left and his friend would sell me other bits and pieces so that's the only reason. I just don't wanna spend and waste money if im not gonna need the cs95 kit that's all.
Ps, as for the ladies bit from mark the convict...trust me i really don't have a problem pulling women !!

I want to join up because i have a lot of respect for our soldiers both past and present and i am very proud of the work they do and i dont wanna be one of the millions that sit about moaning about this country and the bad world we live in but do **** all about it !! I only mentioned the uniform as I read on here that it's changing soon and I just wanted to know a bit more about when it will happen as my brother was a staff/colour sergeant in the RGJ a few years back and he said I can have whatever kit he has left and his friend would sell me other bits and pieces so that's the only reason. I just don't wanna spend and waste money if im not gonna need the cs95 kit that's all.
Ps, as for the ladies bit from mark the convict...trust me i really don't have a problem pulling women !!
Come now, you are not joining up per se, you are joining the stabs. Surely you should be concerning yourself with more important things rather then the uniform. You know you get issued the uniform etc? It seems you think looking the part is more important then being the part. Maybe you should join the local airsoft club instead if uniforms are more important to you.

G

goatrutar

Why?
So you can wear it in various guises on petrol station forecourts, the bus, trains, domestic flights, daffodil fields, office buildings, motorway services, KFC/Subway/McD's, the beach, hospitals, a big top ******* circus' or anywhere else you can stand about and glow in self perceived public adulation?
Daffodil fields? That's a new one.

Ps, as for the lads bit from mark the convict...trust me i really don't have a problem pulling men !!
Don't have to use the DS answers on here mate.

That's the kind of answer i'd only expect from a bored and lonely little child who ain't got a clue about nothing and judging by your profile picture you are definitely one of them !! Thanks for your reply anyway, you just proved that 'care in the community' doesn't work.
You cant define a person by his avatar alone! The gent in mine has longer hair than me..

When you get issued your shiny new TA rig, do what the rest of the sad sack ******* do and be sure to shoot straight home to have some pictures taken in your Mum and Dads garden for your Facebook profile....

You do have one significant thing over me in that I was recently told that I would not be eligble to serve in any reserve capacity whatsoever :)

Gooner74- I've been a proud STAB for 26 years ( also did regs back in 79-84 ) so seen both sides, been on a few ops in recent years ( so again seen both sides ) blah blah, try to ignore the ARAB splurge on this thread 'cos when they hit civvy street they'll shit themselves 'cos no-one is gonna look after them, tell where they have to be, feed them, clothe them also they'd never work weekends without mid week days off ( unless on ops etc ) if they had to you'd hear them moaning a mile away, they couldn't handle 2 jobs as the TA will take up alot of your spare time. Saying that the regs I know are great and our PSIs are bril for info etc, so they ain't all a sad ignorant bunch of STAB haters, and the humour in the NAAFI bar on here is the best, my advice is get fit and read all of Spike Milligans war books.

You could short circuit the system and buy your own....
Alternatively if you fancy being a bit dapper you could buy an SS uniform (designed and made by Hugo Boss).

Anyhow, that new 'action man uniform' will impress no-one. DPM is the new 'old school' thus infinatley more 'ally'.

You cant define a person by his avatar alone!
Funny you should mention taht. I tried a little experiment here on arrse, by changing my avatar I noted taht there were changes in how your posts were received.

Seriously.

The most telling responses, were when I changed my avatar to female subjects, many then started talking to me as if I was a female... including one quoteing me as 'the good lady above'.

Pretty interesting schiesse, ja?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joxby3 Military Clothing & Boots 95
Big Avo Army Reserve 10
milkybarkid31 Juniors 13