New molle webbing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MAD, Jul 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MAD

MAD

Hi all,

New to aarse and just wondered if anyone could help me, I have seen the new molle pouches without a snap fastener on the bottom of the strap, were the strap just folds back under and back up the molle loops, once fully threaded, like jay jays of breacon and warrior assault systems. I was trying to find out if this was as strong and reliable as the snap or would the molle strap pull back through the pouch when carrying heavy weight in the pouches, if any one has any knowledge of these pouches like this it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks a lot MAD

• Like Like x 1
  2. Put succinctly ....yes they work or people wouldn't sell them, I've got a slack handful of pouches of various sizes with that type of fixing, none have failed me yet.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. I don't know the specifics of what you are looking at, but for correctly weaved molle the snap fastener does not act as part of the security of the pouch to the vest etc
    The weave is what secures. even if upside down unsecured molle should not just slide open
    however I'm not in the real world and depending on the equipment carried

There is a little here on molle options
    One Guy's Gear: Molle Attachment Systems

• Like Like x 1