new mod house purchase scheme for those with 4-6 years servi

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by headgear, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought this sounded a good idea, until I read it all. Why such a narrow eligibility band and the sort of nubers they are talking about are not made clear, minimum of 250, what's the maximum?
  2. a bit of spin in my opinion! essentially, a Capt married to a Maj with a joint income of over £80k could apply, but a longer serving Cpl can't! Surely it would have been better to cap the income rather than the service length?
  3. I understand that this is a trial. I suspect that if all goes well they will probably open it up to others in stages. In the long run, I suppose that it will work out cheaper than all those MQ's.

On the downside, the website makes it pretty clear that they want a perfect credit record. That would preclude quite a few blokes in my section!
  4. It is the usual government spin, you know, 'look how we are helping soldiers' by actually not helping us at all. £20 million as a budget? Whats that? 300 houses max at todays prices? Also, 4-6 years service? So, you join at 18, you are eligible from 22-24 years old.

How many 22-24 year olds do you know that want to spend their money on housing when they could spend it on beer, girls, cars, etc?

Yes, 90% take up will be young officers who do not have a life but have better financial sense than young soldiers.