New Mobile Theme

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Dec 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Those of you browsing the site on your mobile devices in the last day or two may have noticed that our mobile theme has had a substantial upgrade which we hope has (finally) made it properly usable. There is still some work to do (no Last 50 - shock, horror!) but we think it is pretty much there. You'll also not be restricted to the forums as the reviews also work on there.

Unlike the ARRSE iPhone App and Tapatalk, 'normal' URLs will work with the mobile theme. Don't worry though the iPhone App is still available and we're planning to release an Android one to celebrate our 10th birthday!

Known issues:
    • No Last 50 (yet!)
    • Gallery, chat & ARRSEpedia are unlikely to follow any time soon un

Let me know what you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Last 50 done although lacking a suitable natty little image. In the grid menu.

3. When I use ARRSE on my ipad I am unable to upload photos. Could this be looked into?

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

are you talking about the new mobile theme or are you using the iphone / ipad app?

5. I will confirm details when I get home (in about 15 mins)

6. When I use the arrse website on the Ipad, using the browser, and I want to add a photo I go advanced > manage attachments. The Ipad opens a new browser page (a pop up on a normal PC) but you can't select "browse for photo"

When using the Ipad app it opens the advanced options like the iPhone does and works fine.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is nothing to do with the mobile theme then? A separate issue on the normal ARRSE - the same one you see on a normal PC?

8. Bad CO

Unfortunately you made a poor buying choice by choosing something that doesn't play nicely with broadly accepted internet technologies.

Yup you guessed it, our uploader uses Flash. I'd suggest you take this up with Steve Jobs but its probably a bit late.......

android_logo.jpg

The good news is that we offer another option - go to this page and at the bottom turn off 'Enhanced Attachment Uploading'

9. Sorry to be such a biff but I'm having a nightmare with my HTC Desire. It just won't let me view it as desktop and the mobile site is a nightmare to find anything with or even view threads with. HELP ME!

Yours,

Thick ****** of Tumbridge Wells.

10. Cheers, will try that.

Oh, for reference. Android is shit.

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Click on 'full site' in the footer for the normal site.

12. I've tried that but it's no use. It just chicks me back to the homepage in the mobile theme. Can reply to threads but that's about it.

I'm gonna have to do some work at this rate! *sob*

13. Bad CO

That's pretty desperate. Which browser are you using on your Desire?

14. Safari 4.0 chief. It's only just updated so I'm wandering if that's the problem?

15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I have the same problem. Using Opera mobile.