New Mobile Phone

endure

GCM
Just seen the camera on a Huawei P30 demonstrated. Guy standing on a balcony on the 12th floor of a building in Hong Kong zooms in on a game of Chinese checkers being played on the ground floor. You can read the symbols on each checker piece. Stunning.

Edit. Just found it on the choob

Last edited:
Haha! Good! Beardy Media have just spent untold millions digging up every street in Carrickfergus. Up yer nose, Branson.
You do realise that the Virgin/Branson is just a Franchise he get about 10-12million a year to use the Virgin brand, Actual company is owned by Liberty Global who are investing big time into the the expansion as it's the best investment they have made to date.
I'll let my oppo's in the NI offices they pissed you off :)

Tell 'em the routers are shite, please.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
what real tangible advantages will 5g bring that we don't already have?
In theory more bandwidth and the ability to use up all your monthly data allowance in seconds. In practice it needs much more infrastructure in place. The "cells" need to be much closer together. There is some speculation about headaches but no clear evidence. 4G is more than fast enough for me, when I can get a good signal. I'd rather coverage for what we have is improved. There is the possibility that 5G may further increase the disparity between high speed urban areas and poorly served rural areas.
I read somewhere recently, that it's imperative to get 5G up and running so that autonomous vehicles have a fighting chance of surviving. (And so have we, once they are on the road for real) 5G is apparently 40 x faster than the present thing.

endure

GCM
I read somewhere recently, that it's imperative to get 5G up and running so that autonomous vehicles have a fighting chance of surviving. (And so have we, once they are on the road for real) 5G is apparently 40 x faster than the present thing.

5G has achieved a top speed of 1 Tb/s in a test environment but real world speeds are likely to be in the low Gigabit/second range.

1 Gb/s is 10 times faster than my current Virgin cable connection. Goodbye Virgin when 5G arrives on our street.

Yokel

LE
It works because Google stores all your contacts and app settings.
The Gmail account is just the way in.
It says it is verifying server settings (For GMail). Maybe I should have manually connected it to the WiFi first? Where did I write that number down? Assuming I get GMail working - what then? Surely it cannot suddenly put the other e-mail account, apps, and website log ins on the phone?

It says it is verifying server settings (For GMail). Maybe I should have manually connected it to the WiFi first? Where did I write that number down? Assuming I get GMail working - what then? Surely it cannot suddenly put the other e-mail account, apps, and website log ins on the phone?
Connecting to wifi helps - makes it faster - but not needed, if you have a data plan. And what number? Are you talking about the wifi code? Am not sure what you are referring to...

Try to log in and click forgotten password

Yokel

LE
redshift

It is f****** slow! Yes I am referring to the Wifi code. If only I had remembered my GMail account when I picked it up - I could have got the girl to do it for me...

ExREME..TECH

I have given it the password. It is.......verifying. Rather slowly!

redshift

It is f****** slow! Yes I am referring to the Wifi code. If only I had remembered my GMail account when I picked it up - I could have got the girl to do it for me...

ExREME..TECH

Next time take a pic of your WiFi code and keep it on your phone - will save the headache - did for me plenty of times.

And with acct. passwords, I personally don't write them down - but if you had a notepad on a laptop or something, just put them down there.

Honestly, Gmail is the ultimate portability SW - no matter which phone you switch to, your contacts will come with you as long as you can login - so make sure you remember your login details for that account well!

redshift

ExREME..TECH

WiFi password is on the router

If you manage to log into your original account then it will do just that.
As has been suggested click on forgotten password and follow the instructions, it may be that it is set to send you an email to another email address or send a text to confirm that you are you.

Yokel

LE
Guess what? Just as I was getting accounts set up on it, it has decided to stop working. I thought the battery had simply gone flat, but no. The screen has decided to go wrong.

Just typical. Can the shop not just give me a replacement?

endure

GCM
Guess what? Just as I was getting accounts set up on it, it has decided to stop working. I thought the battery had simply gone flat, but no. The screen has decided to go wrong.

Don't you have any grandchildren that understand technology? ;-)

FĂșcking luddite.

F-me dude - you seemed to have gotten the bad end of a bargain. With my latest phone - a cheapo iPhone 6s, the battery was shit in the beginning, as it was lying around for so long (it still was brand new) - but the dealer who I got it from has given me a 6 month warranty and replaced the battery and now it's better. Still shit batt life but didn't die like in 2 or 3 hours...

Yokel

LE
It is not the battery. The screen has gone tits up. Why now - I am sure it was alright this morning, and I cannot remember dropping it. It might have got a little knock in the car, but otherwise nothing. No scratches or anything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Mobile Phones 34
R Mobile Phones 50
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 69

Latest Threads