New min. age for TA basic training

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by jarhead1, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The minimum age limit to complete phases 1b and 1c of Ta basic training has changed from 17 to 18. If you join at 17, you are able to do phase 1a but you have to wait till 18th birthday to do 1b and 1c. I found out as they have told me i cant do phase 1c until im 18, and other recruits under 18 arent able to do 1b either luckily i had already done it before the change had come into effect.
    Has anyone else heard of this? Or isit just my brigade/ area?

2. msr

msr LE

Mods, can you boot this over to the TA forum?

Cheers

3. Balls.

Edited to add- I'm part way through 1b at the moment, and I'm not 18 yet.

4. msr

msr LE

First I've heard of it, but it doesn't surprise me...

msr

5. This would explain a lot in my case cause I applyed just after London Soldier last year and was kept waiting till just couple weeks due to my 18th then I got attested and medical on the Tuesday then off to training on the weekend did Phase 1a turned 18 before weekend 2 and carried on.

6. *double post*

7. Because its legal to boot you over to Sandy places when your 18 instead of paying you to train early for it until you are 18 lol

8. Spot on mate. It wouldn't suprise me if that was the thinking.

9. Yer that seems possible, but if i could complete my phase 1 earlier then surely i could spend more time training for deployment after, instead of completing it and getting shipped off withought having any other experience other than basic training.
    I mean if i was to put my name forward for mobilisation would they then decide i could complete 1c ?