Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New MI5 chief says UK facing 'nasty mix' of threats

Further to what's happening in Kent, one NHS testing staff member badly beaten up by a truck driver last night and now in hospital. A number of cases of testing staff having shit and bottles of piss thrown at them; meanwhile fake negative test results letters being circulated for £100/Euro amongst the Eurotrash. Some drivers were in so much of a hurry to get tested that Army testers couldn't rouse them from their sleep or were told during the night to Fu&k off.

Further to what's happening in Kent, one NHS testing staff member badly beaten up by a truck driver last night and now in hospital. A number of cases of testing staff having shit and bottles of piss thrown at them; meanwhile fake negative test results letters being circulated for £100/Euro amongst the Eurotrash. Some drivers were in so much of a hurry to get tested that Army testers couldn't rouse them from their sleep or were told during the night to Fu&k off.
Update: three truck drivers (EU nationals) have been arrested for the assault. The tester is out of hospital and resting.

Last edited:
Re the threads title ... I wonder if those threats include the massive subversion & violent threats posed by BLM & its offshoots & XR groups or just the fantasy extreme right wing which the lefty press/media love to parrot about!

Yokel

LE
Re the threads title ... I wonder if those threats include the massive subversion & violent threats posed by BLM & its offshoots & XR groups or just the fantasy extreme right wing which the lefty press/media love to parrot about!

Is that a question for me or for the Director General of MI5?

Marxist groups pose an enormous threat, as do fascist ones, Norther Ireland related terrorism has not gone away, there is a possibility of terrorism from other separatists, Al Qaeda and Daesh still exist, and hostile or potentially hostile powers like Russia, China, and Iran and still involved in disinformation, interfering in political processes, espionage, cyber attacks, and the possibility exists for all sorts of nefarious activities in the 'grey' zone.

Iran, which counts Hezbollah and Hamas, and others, as proxies, still threatens energy supplies. Russia threatens European stability and the Atlantic sea lines of communication. China seems to want to be involved everywhere and is happy to simply use brute force.

Is that a question for me or for the Director General of MI5?

Marxist groups pose an enormous threat, as do fascist ones, Norther Ireland related terrorism has not gone away, there is a possibility of terrorism from other separatists, Al Qaeda and Daesh still exist, and hostile or potentially hostile powers like Russia, China, and Iran and still involved in disinformation, interfering in political processes, espionage, cyber attacks, and the possibility exists for all sorts of nefarious activities in the 'grey' zone.

Iran, which counts Hezbollah and Hamas, and others, as proxies, still threatens energy supplies. Russia threatens European stability and the Atlantic sea lines of communication. China seems to want to be involved everywhere and is happy to simply use brute force.

SNAFU

Yokel

LE
It'd be interesting to hear the extent of infection in the security and intelligence services. Public sector employees are subject to some fairly defined rules on what their opinions may be.

For a moment I think you were referring to COVID-19!

People deeply attracted to extremist political ideologies are unlikely to seek employment in the intelligence services and the vetting process should catch any that try it.

Business as usual. Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!

People deeply attracted to extremist political ideologies are unlikely to seek employment in the intelligence services and the vetting process should catch any that try it.
Bad wording on my part there; I should have used 'indoctrination'.

Yokel

LE
Bad wording on my part there; I should have used 'indoctrination'.

Not really - extreme ideologies are more likely to effect those with a lower ability to resist and then use the new host to reproduce through repeating the message, or indeed hiding it in other things. In many ways they do act like a virus.

Organisations that do not value integrity and moral courage are also at greater risk of being taken over.

Yokel

LE
The biggest threat to security is the common perception that no such threat exists.

Whether it has been about air defence of naval task groups, force protection of deployed forces, protecting sensitive technologies, protecting key infrastructure and industrial capabilities, or medical preparedness, I have always wondered why everyone focusses on KNOWN threats, naively assuming they can foresee the future, instead of known interest and vulnerabilities.

You probably do not know any car thieves - but you still lock it. You probably do not know any burglars either - but you still lock the doors.

The biggest threat to security is the common perception that no such threat exists.

Whether it has been about air defence of naval task groups, force protection of deployed forces, protecting sensitive technologies, protecting key infrastructure and industrial capabilities, or medical preparedness, I have always wondered why everyone focusses on KNOWN threats, naively assuming they can foresee the future, instead of known interest and vulnerabilities.

You probably do not know any car thieves - but you still lock it. You probably do not know any burglars either - but you still lock the doors.

There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know.

- D Rumsfeld

Yokel

LE
Much yowling and bawling from people who were asleep on the job. Plus ca change.

Did they hold positions that might be consider public office? Could they be charged with misconduct in said office? Have their actions been of a nature that undermines public faith in that office?

Alternatively can they be held to account for the civil tort of negligence?

How can it be just that such people are less accountable and subject to fewer checks and balances than the owner of a burger van?

Did they hold positions that might be consider public office? Could they be charged with misconduct in said office? Have their actions been of a nature that undermines public faith in that office?

Alternatively can they be held to account for the civil tort of negligence?

How can it be just that such people are less accountable and subject to fewer checks and balances than the owner of a burger van?
Pretty well all of that is a 'yes', I think.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
At least the EDL are on the backfoot, after one of its senior members was named in an American legal action, for supplying a financial advisor/donor, with hard drugs, and for providing other services of a more intimate nature ! also some speculation as to exactly where the funds have ended up

Not really - extreme ideologies are more likely to effect those with a lower ability to resist and then use the new host to reproduce through repeating the message, or indeed hiding it in other things. In many ways they do act like a virus.

Organisations that do not value integrity and moral courage are also at greater risk of being taken over.

Hmm.. not sure about that looking at the list of "Common Purpose" so called "graduates"
Common purpose - WikiLeaks
snip "Although it has 80,000 trainees in 36 cities, 18,000 graduate members and enormous power, Common Purpose is largely unknown to the general public.
It recruits and trains "leaders" to be loyal to the directives of Common Purpose and the EU, instead of to their own departments, which they then undermine or subvert.
It has members in the NHS, BBC, the police, the legal profession, the church, many of Britain’s 7,000 quangos, local councils, the Civil Service, government ministries, Parliament, and it controls many RDA's (Regional Development Agencies).
Trained leaders are encouraged to act as a network, enable other members' plans, and have meetings under the so called Chatham House rules. This effectively means their statements are not attributable to them, nor can attendees reveal information heard at a Common Purpose meeting."

Yokel

LE
Hmm.. not sure about that looking at the list of "Common Purpose" so called "graduates"
Common purpose - WikiLeaks
snip "Although it has 80,000 trainees in 36 cities, 18,000 graduate members and enormous power, Common Purpose is largely unknown to the general public.
It recruits and trains "leaders" to be loyal to the directives of Common Purpose and the EU, instead of to their own departments, which they then undermine or subvert.
It has members in the NHS, BBC, the police, the legal profession, the church, many of Britain’s 7,000 quangos, local councils, the Civil Service, government ministries, Parliament, and it controls many RDA's (Regional Development Agencies).
Trained leaders are encouraged to act as a network, enable other members' plans, and have meetings under the so called Chatham House rules. This effectively means their statements are not attributable to them, nor can attendees reveal information heard at a Common Purpose meeting."

The last (and only) time I have heard the term 'Chatham House Rule' (there is only one) was a discussion on foreign policy and security. The rule was explained - you can say something was said, you cannot say who by. It protects anonymity and promotes free discussion.

It would not suit Communist Purpose.

Yokel

LE
Pretty well all of that is a 'yes', I think.

For some reason there is a reluctance to prosecute for Misconduct In Public Office. I think if it was used more it would discourage those who choose to look the other way so as not to rock the boat. It would help rebuild integrity in public life and help restore public confidence in our institutions.

It would reduce the potential for foreign disinformation and interference.

Latest Threads