Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New MI5 chief says UK facing 'nasty mix' of threats

Yokel

LE
NCSC defends UK from more than 700 cyber attacks - UK Defence Journal

In a year heavily influenced by the pandemic, the review highlights the NCSC’s support for the healthcare sector, such as scanning more than 1 million NHS IP addresses for vulnerabilities leading to the detection of 51,000 indicators of compromise, and working with international allies to raise awareness of the threat of vaccine research targeting.”

Just a few things to add - relating the the Falklands and Gulf Wars:

1. There was an Argentine plot to attack British shipping (with divers and limpet mines) in Gibraltar during the Falklands War. MI5 would have been involved in countering that.

2. When I was at school, one of the books we read was related to the Falklands, and asked you to imagine catching an Argentine diplomat/journalist in a sensitive location.

3. Is there any evidence that Saddam Hussein and his intelligence services were connected to the IRA mortar attack against 10 Downing Street in January 1991?
I thought the Argie frogmen were caught by the Spanish Guardia Civil , who thought they were part of a S American drug operation ?

Are we doing similar things to them ( Russians / Chinese / Iranians ) ? Or are we so desperate for their ill gotten coin that we just let the very rich ones settle here ?
ISTR that when the sailors in the Gulf had their Ipods ( remember them ? ) stolen , the press interviewed the brother of the head of the naval version of the Revolutionary Guard , who lives in ..... Knightsbridge
He should have been found minus his head , hands and testicles floating in the Thames ? Then , for a laugh , after the usual " inconclusive murder investigation " they should have packed the body with Novichok before sending it home

Are we doing similar things to them ( Russians / Chinese / Iranians ) ? Or are we so desperate for their ill gotten coin that we just let the very rich ones settle here ?
ISTR that when the sailors in the Gulf had their Ipods ( remember them ? ) stolen , the press interviewed the brother of the head of the naval version of the Revolutionary Guard , who lives in ..... Knightsbridge
He should have been found minus his head , hands and testicles floating in the Thames ? Then , for a laugh , after the usual " inconclusive murder investigation " they should have packed the body with Novichok before sending it home
Wet work? Chalky White and Fiji Pete are on to i

I can’t see it. All I see is brain damaged Neanderthal types gobbing off about racist shit, not one has the bollocks to do anything drastic like blow up a mosque or machine gun a crowd of Muslims

Well, there have been a few candidates e.g. 1999 London nail bombings - Wikipedia (admittedly he cast his net a bit wider than just Muslims) but it seems most of them have been so lacking in skills and determination that we've had to start importing them- Pavlo Lapshyn - Wikipedia

Yokel

LE
I saw something on the news late last night about children, some as young as ten, being radicalised by far right groups. They use exactly the same methods as Islamist terrorists and far left groups.

The polarisation of society gives ample opportunities to those who wish us ill, including foreign powers hostile to the West.

Latest Threads