Status
Not open for further replies.
Met Police appoints first female chief Cressida Dick - BBC News

And it's Cressida Dick, to the surprise of not very many.

Going through the candidates, her cv - death of Jean Charles de Menezes notwithstanding - has a lot of quite meaty roles to it, particularly regarding Counter Terrorism, which is of course the big hot topic at the moment.

A lot of people in the met were quietly rooting for Steve Kavanagh but he realistically had an outside chance at best. Is this good news for the Met? All our big changes are already in the works regarding the way Response and Neighbourhood teams are being handled. If she chooses to change all that, I can't say I think she could make it especially worse. I already feel like I'm watching a train wreck about to happen in slow motion!

Will she be completely political, or put her foot down and stand up for the Police? I don't honestly know, but I hope not.

On balance, I'm interested to see how things go. I'd like to say I feel optimistic, but it's more that I feel hopeful!

Clearly, my own thread title was too veiled? :smile:

NSP

LE
Clearly, my own thread title was too veiled? :smile:
Yeah - but this is in the serious bit and people can crayon slightly all over yours...

By the by, she clearly demonstrates that being the one in charge during the shooting of an unarmed foreigner not only won't get you sent down but will in fact enhance your career.

Last edited:
Yeah - but this is in the serious bit and people can crayon slightly all over yours...

By the by, she clearly demonstrates that being the one in charge of the shooting of an unarmed foreigner not only won't get you sent down but will in fact enhance your career.
I thought mine was in the serious bit, but every day is a school day as they say.

I would imagine when I did my search of the forums that you hadn't posted yours.
It may well be the case mate - not willy waving, we both had the same idea, around the same time!

NSP

LE
I thought mine was in the serious bit, but every day is a school day as they say.
Yours is in the bit of the serious bit where we're allowed to be a little unserious now and again. Or something...

A thread drifting off into a thread discussing the merits of threads in the CA? I've had threads binned for less.

D I S C R I M I N A T I O N against the otherwise astute!

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
She'll be gone inside a year.

Peter-Pan

Clanker
The current process for selecting the Comissioner involves a joint Home Office/Mayors Office decision. The successful candidate in order to be successful in interview must share and reflect their visions and views..... Nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads