G'day all, good to see that ARRSE Command HQ has saw fit to create a section for Australia.

Just by way of an intro - I left Ireland in the early 1960's and headed for The Land Down Under and haven't looked back since.

I am proud of my Irish heritage as are all Australians and sure if it wasn't for the Irish you wouldn't have the great nation that you have to day. :cheers:

IrishInOz said:
G'day all, good to see that ARRSE Command HQ has saw fit to create a section for Australia.

Just by way of an intro - I left Ireland in the early 1960's and headed for The Land Down Under and haven't looked back since.

I am proud of my Irish heritage as are all Australians and sure if it wasn't for the Irish you wouldn't have the great nation that you have to day. :cheers:
i never knew that all Austrailians are Irish ;)

I wonder if the black fellas know? :? :p

Both have fecked up accents anyways so seems fitting!!!!

I heard somewhere that around 70% of the 20 million Australians have some form of irish descent. Im sure some would say that explains a lot :p Aboriginals only make up around 2% of the population.

sierradelta said:
I heard somewhere that around 70% of the 20 million Australians have some form of irish descent. Im sure some would say that explains a lot :p Aboriginals only make up around 2% of the population.
And, there are quite a number of Aboriginals with Irish names. :)

IrishInOz said:

Dont believe you, Mick Dundee is about as Australian as a name gets ! :D