New measures against hate preachers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by blessed baby cakes, Aug 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

It's all starting to feel like a huge U-turn, and I actually like it!

I was never happy with the thought laws that where being passed placed my beliefs and opinions with the minority and made me feel slightly uncomfortable with sharing them and those of others.

Perhaps the tides of change are turning in the correct direction after all...

What a pity the cost of bring our Government into line has been so high and the recent events so traumatic!

2. From AOL News (soz to any non-AOL subscribers)....

Liking it up till that last line, but laws that cover "Any the government considers....." ? Maybe I'm just paranoid :roll:
  3. Livingston was on the news, apparently we should apply the Mandela test in this matter. Basically supporting and preaching terrorism should only be illegal if we don't agree with regime/system against which it is directed.
  4. Duty rumour (unconfirmed) is the "self-appointed leader of Talibanistan's Muslim community" has been told to pack his bags. Still trying to get confirmation on that , but I'll be opening the bubbly if it is true :D
  5. Any news on 'Hookey' being booted ?,
    or is that too much to hope for?
  6. I'd be interested to see the wording under which people will be expelled and the time frames we'll be looking at along with the process that's being proposed. Does it allow for the numerous appeals and such or will it be a single statement writ stating facts, times dates and conclusion.

Where do we stand under the law and what measures to protect?