New Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GunnySonics, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A new martial art has been introduced to the UK called "Thai Dobi", first used by Phuket Monks in the 8th Century in ancient Thailand.
    Its an ideal way to improve the body and mind in fitness.

Mostly used as a self defence art it can be practised as a sparring sport... known affectionately in the Royal Marines as "Ring Dobi"

The Thai champion and top Guru "Obi-Wan-No-dobi" is currently visiting the UK and and giving demonstrations in the South West of England all this week, if anyone is out and about in the Plymouth/Taunton area, be sure to enquire on "Ring Dobi" or "Obi-wan-no-dobi"

Ill try and post a link later

That is all :wink:

2. Its September not April :p :D

3. Nice try.

Only.....this year, I think we are going with Martial Arts: your version is a school of disciplines as yet unknown to the world. :D

4. Mate of mine spotted a gym advertising "Viking Kickboxing" whilst odding about the other day. Disney, post the photo if you're on....

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Wasting your time mate. All you need for unarmed combat is this course.

6. Oh no.... the flying boot of death...

It is well known that the effective commander makes use of the terrain and equipment at his disposal - I'm glad to see that the Sennybridge Sucking - Mud Summer Boot has been taken on and developed into such a cost-effective weapon system. Thank you for this valuable expose!

7. commando krav maga. been doing it for a while now, and its bloody brilliant.
    currently in use with israeli special forces, and it is probably the most battled proven system you can do. like them or not israeli has effiectively been at war with some country or another since it was created, and thats a lot of testing. probably more then the SAS even. now im not suggesting for a second they are a better army, just that they have had a long time to get this shit right, and it is bloody good.
    met. police have a few trained instructors.

the founder of this system (its pretty new, was created in the 70's) trained and coached carlos newton, which UFC fans will know is a UFC champion.

http://www.commandokravmaga.com just watch the preview for the human weapon program for the american history channel.

8. wtf is all that about, i was going to try and re-read it but i felt seen off at how much of my life was wasted working it out first time round :?

Keep on taking the disco biscuits shipmate, your brain is moving faster than your digits though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: