New mark 7 Helmet cover HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by shiels, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Bit of a mong question but ive got the new mk 7 and cover but when i put it on, it does mold to the shape of the helmet. Its just like having a mark 6a! Before anyone asks yes i have checked the label and it is a mk 7 cover in the same size as the helmet.

I have tried using the bottom of an NBC glove to make it fit to the shape but thats useless.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Glue. Cut it to shape, evostick it in. Job done. :)

3. The current Mk 7 Helmet cover is a temporary expedient and is, essentially, a Mk 6a cover but one size larger. If you want that "ally" look then Green Sniper Tape is your friend. Your friendly storeman should have some.

4. Or you can put it tight on the helmet trace the line of the helmet (using pencil or something similar) and give it to your friendly tailor to cut and re-sew the draw cord hem. Not ideal, but definitely a better fit.

5. Things may have changed but last time I looked you needed to provide oral sex or something equally good in order to obtain Sniper Tape.

Additionally, it seems Desert Sniper Tape is the current cool and green sniper tape is for losers.

6. try a MICH helmet cover you can get it in multi cam and look ally as fook, look on e bay or in the back of soldier mag

7. I suppose it depends on the storeman!

I think MTP is forcing a change in fashion back to green but, as with all things to do with fashion (according to my teenage daughter) I am very probably wrong!

8. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just think, a few years from now people will be wearing the old CS95 and saying it's 'Ally'. Out go the Junglies, in with your 95 smock. :S

9. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Spray paint is the new helmet cover.

• Like Like x 1
  10. how right you are

11. I must be a loser then. Personally I never did ally, I always did professional, shame some others didn't follow suit.

13. I would dearly love to know what you base you 'proven facts' on.

14. megahorse 7

You are a useless dribbling cock who can't even get into an airsoft team, let alone an Infantry section.

Now **** off and touch cocks with one of your glory hole playboys.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I recently got two 50m rolls from my QM, but I am not inviting you to suck my plums or any other appendage. You can, if you wish, merely clean and wax my car from now until 2015 for a roll of MY sniper tape. Bwahahahahhaha