New? 'Marine Training Corps'?

What's wrong with the established and MoD sponsored cadet forces? Surely they're going to have more access to MoD facilities, than some newly started and non-affiliated youth club?

Is this guy their CO?

1622194190548.png

He's a published author with Osprey now too.

1622194262075.png

He probably makes quite a bit of money from that, perhaps someone should tell them?

Camm1

LE
Hmmm.

Nothing at all squirrelly going on there, then:

And why TF do they believe that young boys need to be drilled in what they believe to be FISH drills?:
They are Potential Marines, they need to be drilled to gain access to their mother's / sister's wardrobe.

The cadet organisations are a mess and should be homogenised into one umbrella organisation: ATC, ACF, CCF, Sea Scouts, Sea Cadet Corps, Volunteer Cadet Corps... and now this lot? What's the point of multiple cadet formations that look the same and fulfill the same purpose? If they want to wear pips and cut about in MTP, then they should be MoD sponsored with CFAVs going through established courses.

Many years ago our station used to host visits from the Air Scouts. We referred to them as the 'Mile High Militia' and they wore a hybrid RAF/Venture Scouts uniform. What was the point. Is that not what the ATC is for? Military-themed youth organisations should be either air, army or sea cadets, with oversight from a joint cadet body.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not that I give a ****, but isn’t the queen’s coat of arms a registered trademark?

Pretty sure you need permission to display this...

44B79AEF-D080-4BD8-A32B-90C2E72D2086.jpeg

We are a self-supporting Cadet Corps that is not Affiliated or Recognised by the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
We should not be confused with the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC) Marine cadet Detachments or the Royal Marines detachments that exist within Combined Cadet Forces.

No staff member of the MTC has been commissioned by the Queen and therefore only hold their rank within the MTC, on no account should they be mistaken for Her Majesty's Armed forces. The rank structure is to maintain the units discipline and Constitution.

Well, if any confusion is to be avoided, might I suggest binning MTP and cadet rank slides if it's not MoD sponsored?

Countryboy

Old-Salt
The cadet organisations are a mess and should be homogenised into one umbrella organisation: ATC, ACF, CCF, Sea Scouts, Sea Cadet Corps, Volunteer Cadet Corps... and now this lot? What's the point of multiple cadet formations that look the same and fulfill the same purpose? If they want to wear pips and cut about in MTP, then they should be MoD sponsored with CFAVs going through established courses.

Many years ago our station used to host visits from the Air Scouts. We referred to them as the 'Mile High Militia' and they wore a hybrid RAF/Venture Scouts uniform. What was the point. Is that not what the ATC is for? Military-themed youth organisations should be either air, army or sea cadets, with oversight from a joint cadet body.
They all stem from history though. CCF (or OTC) for the toffs at boarding schools and ACF / ATC for the plebs. The VCC I think are a Portsmouth thing, must be just some ex Naval bod?

I don’t mind the differing organisations, the CCF is very different to the ACF for instance, but yes they should all have oversight from MoD/Local Authority in my opinion.

Other than the questionable use of insignia, I'm not sure they are doing anything wrong and they state that they are not affiliated to the MoD in any way. However, I'm not sure why you would start up your own outfit when you could just become part of the established Cadet Forces.

This all smells a bit waltish in my opinion. There's a risk that it's being run by adults who have been turned away by established Cadet Forces.

At best, I'd expect some loose H&S and a generally unprofessional outfit. At worst - nonce central.

All thats missing is the reactolites.