New MAN Support Vehicle (SV)

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BaggyInBlack, Dec 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any links (either DII or Internet) on the new SV coming in to service? If you have the info on DII, pse PM me and I'll call with my address on those means.

Help is appreciated.

2. Excellant, many thanks for that.

3. Baggy,

I have sent you an e-mail to your home address with regards to Info you may want.
  4. Yes but Man at Man is more than a little biased, ill give you the full truth and nothing but the truth!!!
    Actually its quite good but dont let MAN know that otherwise they will do a Land Rover Wolf to us when the vehicles reach production spec!!!!
  5. Speaking of the new Support Vehicle. For the 1st time yesterday the military had all the main variants on show at CSS TDU. Most of the All Arms Directorates officers had a cabby in a few. All were suitably impressed and ISD for the 1st batch should be middle next year. These will go to training establishments firstly then later will go to Field Army.

Still plenty of trial work going on. On a side note, a few posters on here do slate some kit the mil buy. Sometimes im in agreement, but being closely involved with the project, the trials are very exhaustive.
    When you all finally get the veh, you will still probably pick up a fualt or design problem. But 99% of the time it is probably known about previously when they were on trial. Trouble is, everytime we pick a fault, it has to be decided whether to halt production of the trucks that are to meet ISD to change or rectify it.
    I think MAN are surprised at what trials these things are going through and to be fair they are pulling out the stops to make sure we get a good truck. It will be a big change in the way we do things as there will be less trucks available (WFM) but with increased capacity and hopefully(!) better reliability.
    Problem at moment is certain people are thinking its "just a new truck" . But for the lads on the ground, it will make life lot easier.
    Point was proven last night, on dropping off the UST variant at a testing establishment then returning in a DAF 4tonne UBRE.....noise, only 5 gears, no air suspension seats and going to walking pace up a 5 degree incline!!!
  6. It would really help if the UST's came into service sooner rather than later. We are using 8T triple tank UBRE's at the moment and trying to keep them on the road is getting harder and harder. :(
    Get the UST's into service 1st is my top tip. (purely from a users point of view) :D
  7. "For the 1st time yesterday the military had all the main variants on show at CSS TDU. "

Any pictures of said "All variants" ?
  8. There will be UST's in the first tranche but really people who train you guys will need them. Understand totally what you mean about the present UBRE's though.
  9. I have some pics and ill try and post over next 24hrs.
  10. [​IMG]

Cam playing up so the only pics i got were of the UST being lifted by Foden.
    Due to what trucks are available, there are not many built at moment, anyone having a hand in the trial will grab a truck to test something. This being the 1st time a UST was available to be lifted using adaptors for rear-recovery.