New major general Household Division July 2013

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fairy_nuff, Mar 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Golly Gosh - he is a Guardsman!

Seems a bit over the top having a 2 star in charge of shining boots and coordinated walking!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. They are in post longer than 18 months normally
  3. A few seconds on Google tells me he was appointed in June 2011 and is due to move on to the NATO post in July 2013. Doesn't look unusual to me, but feel free to tell if you think there's something else there.
  4. Christ, that's big news, "man gets new job"
    • Like Like x 2
  5. It's done to music. So, really, it's dancing.

For that kind of thing, you need this kinda person, if you really want it done professionally:
  6. L/Cpl James Ashworth VC wasn't shining his boots or doing any coordinated walking when he was killed in action, neither was anyone else in all the regiments of the Household division when they were on tour in Iraq/Afghanistan.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Uncle Ho has just thrown smoke - I hope he has the wit to retire sharpish.

The death of a soldier on ops, is irrelevant to this discussion, which is about having an expensive top bloke in charge of periodic public Line Dancing displays, funded out of a severely stretched Defence budget.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. But the Major General Household Division doesn't have anything to do with either Iraq or Afghanistan so what's your point?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Unk ho's point is similar to that of the Paras. Someone has criticised the Household Line Dancing Troupe so he jumps to their defence; IA for Woodentops. In the same manner that reminding Paras that they are no longer required to actually parachute into action, any criticism, implied or direct must be attacked :thumright:

Right, that is Household Div and Airborne insulted, who next?
    • Like Like x 1