New Main Board Test

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by JC110, Feb 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I passed my MB last week. We were the first group through to take a new test. We did it right after our MAP tests.

You are given an A4 page worth of text with words, addresses and numbers blanked out. You are then played a transcript of the text in front of you. Ours varied slightly what was played to what was written. You have to fill in the blanks.

Advice would be if you don't know the phonetic alphabet learn it. Take advantage of having the transcript and read ahead and look for the blanks, obviously two blanks close together make sure you listen for both and don’t just write down one answer and forget to listen to the next. It is all spoken at normal conversation pace so don't go slow when you write your answers but make sure you write accurately.

Hope this helps, the test itself is not hard but thought I would give everyone a heads up.

Regards and best of luck.

2. I am curious as to what this is a test of? Hearing?

I have MB coming up soon so thanks for the heads up.

-OCS-

3. They've been trialling it for a while now. If I recall it's to assess dyslexia

4. OCS, when is your main board?

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It does sound similar to one of the testsI took when I was assessed for dyslexia.

6. Yeah we had this when I was in there in November, with us it was blank sheet of A4 and told to write down as much information as possible while listening to 999 report. Nothing to worry about though-everyone struggled with it.

Everyone who's got to main board has reached the standard of intelligence required, so I reckon it's there to make sure everyone is judged on their merits in the written elements of the board-i.e. someone with undiagnosed dyslexia isn't unfairly marked down in the Plan Ex or Essay for poor spelling etc.

That's my two cent's worth anyway. Though Main Board being what it is I'm sure the number of people whacking 'Practice Officer dyslexia test' into Google has increased by several thousand....

7. My Main Board is at the end of March em-sale. I probably didn't think it through with the shed loads of university work I have to do at the minute but oh well.

8. Yours sounds a little more appealing than in 7 days time!!!

9. tba

tba

I was also on that main board last week and it is a test for dyslexia

10. The test is a dyslexia test and they have now stopped it my main board was the last to do it, so the staff sergeant said any way.

11. Is this a test that you can 'fail', or are they just interested in seeing who is/isn't dyslexic?

12. How is this a test for dyslexia?

13. I am on Main Board now - test is still here.

14. Nice one snoreador. Did they give any info about it?

Good luck with the Board!

15. Nope, but it's seriously easy - don't sweat about it.

Have a fantastic bruise on my arse after landing after an amusing fall in a command task. While still on the floor feeling like a dick, DS says: "Stop there. Number X, what rule are you breaking now?"

Thought in my head: How about I'm lying on the ******* floor, Sir?!