New London Regiment Company

Which one?

Was pretty sure depending on the order of dress, an HAC soldier may find themselves wearing the HAC cap badge, the Royal Artillery cap badge or Grenadier style cap badge....
Logistic Support Battalion AMF(L)

Yes, but FTRS chappie wearing the London Scottish badge on a (Household Div) beret is technically an attached arm, as is thus correctly wearing his parent unit badge on his foster unit's lid. It's no more odd than an A&SH dinner plate on an AAC lid, or a 15/19H badge on a R SCOTS DG beret.

Try explaining all this shit to a yank!
I get that - I've even done it myself.

It doesn't alter my view that the London Scottish should wear a ToS with a London Scottish capbadge.

strange looking dutch wings, look more like British with multicam background.

attached are dutch wings.

why is he wearing them ? ( when he doesn't have Brit wings )
I have no idea.

However, I do know the guy concerned and IMO he's a good bloke. He was in my Section for Juniors about a million years ago.

Anyone know what para wings he is wearing above his right pocket ?, i'm assuming he is also wearing British para wings on his right arm ??
Its his spare moustache........;)

I have no idea.

However, I do know the guy concerned and IMO he's a good bloke. He was in my Section for Juniors about a million years ago.

BB, i concur, i've heard nothing but good things about Tom, and i'm not accusing him of anything.
I was with the Londons a few years ago, and i was gripped for wearing Foreign wings on my smock (even though i'm Brit Para trained )

Like all units the Londons has it fair share of shit cnuts and walts/bloaters ( probably more than most) but there are also some top blokes in its ranks.I left because i flagged up about said walts and shit cnuts and was informed that i was wrong ( i wasn't ).

I'm just surprised that someone would try and cut round with foreign wings on when he has not earned British ones.

BB, i concur, i've heard nothing but good things about Tom, and i'm not accusing him of anything.
I was with the Londons a few years ago, and i was gripped for wearing Foreign wings on my smock (even though i'm Brit Para trained )

Like all units the Londons has it fair share of shit cnuts and walts/bloaters ( probably more than most) but there are also some top blokes in its ranks.I left because i flagged up about said walts and shit cnuts and was informed that i was wrong ( i wasn't ).

I'm just surprised that someone would try and cut round with foreign wings on when he has not earned British ones.
Only slightly off topic but they really need to put L/Cpl Dave Lee up for a QVRM.

No PERSEC issue as he's been all over the Press.

ugly

LE
Yes, but FTRS chappie wearing the London Scottish badge on a (Household Div) beret is technically an attached arm, as is thus correctly wearing his parent unit badge on his foster unit's lid. It's no more odd than an A&SH dinner plate on an AAC lid, or a 15/19H badge on a R SCOTS DG beret.
Gordons Officer in the AAC wore an AAC blue ToS!
Get that for odd looking!

ugly

LE
Was it a TOS or a Kilmarnock bonnet?
It looked like a ToS, he parked his gazelle next to us in Sennelager Oct 83, got out and swapped his brain bucket for his light blue thing!

There must be some bizarre beret/badge combinations out there.

Sure I have seen a Grenadier Guardsman attached to a fusilier battalion wearing a hackle....and I presume PARA exchange posts with 3 Commando Brigade (and vice versa) see Para cap badges on green lids and RM cap badges on maroon lids!

It looked like a ToS, he parked his gazelle next to us in Sennelager Oct 83, got out and swapped his brain bucket for his light blue thing!
The odds are it was a Robert Mackie civvy bonnet, they make them in various colours like you describe for the Scottish gentleman set and the quality is the same as an officers bespoke type.

ugly

LE
sweaties hats.jpg

Deffo a ToS but similar to the ones purchased from the Bn Tailor.