New Load Carrying Bergen

I am part of a team who for 8 years have been working on a Load carrying Bergen, after reviewing all the problems with the issued kit came to a conclusion....MISMATCH, Our product has recently been awarded a Patent. which means there is something unique in how it works, and there is,plus lots of features built around improvisation, not to mention load center ( had to mention that in case anyone has seen the "Vertus" system) we are working on crowdfunding to enable us to go into full scale production, and yes it iwill be available in Erebis Cam, Anyone interested?

Our system does not rely on the shoulder straps being stitched to the Bergen so weight carriage is not a problem, we have tested it to 230 pounds with no problems to the Bergen

Are the straps attached to the bergan with hope and fear?

I saw a very nice system about 4 years ago built on a rig which transfers much of the load to the hips area taking the strain off the back muscles. The company had gone to the expense of employing an ergonomics and human movement bloke to fiddle around and design something effective (they were also just down the road from Fort Bragg and lots of helpful free design and testing input), and I do believe patented their system too. They had thrown it at US SF to play with, evaluate and test its soldier-proofedness.

It was very well received in comparison to many of the larger companies gear it was tested with.........I think small company syndrome and the lack of being able to arrange post-evaluation cocktail parties and similar cramped the potential. Their CEO was a genuinely nice bloke and keen to make a success of the product, but they seem to have fallen off the map:

http://www.defensereview.com/archan...bears-your-load-when-your-on-the-combat-road/

Have you got a page on www.kickstarter.com yet?

edit to add: hmm maybe shipping to foreign backers won't be ITAR proof???

There has been no grant funding for any of this project, I can tell you the Patent fees are crippling, our dedication to support the "men on the ground" has been met with indifference, if you know of any other way to raise the cash needed to enable us to move forward, don't be shy

There has been no grant funding for any of this project, I can tell you the Patent fees are crippling, our dedication to support the "men on the ground" has been met with indifference, if you know of any other way to raise the cash needed to enable us to move forward, don't be shy
Er, put a commercially viable proposal on Kickstarter?
https://www.kickstarter.com/learn?ref=home_start

Easier than finding an niche angel investment/venture capitalist, otherwise look here

Are you just looking at the Military/law Enforcement market?

I saw a very nice system about 4 years ago built on a rig which transfers much of the load to the hips area taking the strain off the back muscles. The company had gone to the expense of employing an ergonomics and human movement bloke to fiddle around and design something effective (they were also just down the road from Fort Bragg and lots of helpful free design and testing input), and I do believe patented their system too. They had thrown it at US SF to play with, evaluate and test its soldier-proofedness.

It was very well received in comparison to many of the larger companies gear it was tested with.........I think small company syndrome and the lack of being able to arrange post-evaluation cocktail parties and similar cramped the potential. Their CEO was a genuinely nice bloke and keen to make a success of the product, but they seem to have fallen off the map:

http://www.defensereview.com/archan...bears-your-load-when-your-on-the-combat-road/
BERGHAUS made Bergans which transferred the weight to the hips thirty years ago. The issue bergans is a poor copy of a Berghaus design and doesn't transfer weight.

The OP might do well to get one of the MOD research grants.