New Load-Bearing System for British Troops

Kit Up article on new load carrying gear. It says it's developed for the British army but I get the imprssion it's a speculative venture. I know frig all about load carrying gear so I'll leave it to the experts to comment however, given the gripes i see from posters on this forum about some kit, I note from the comments ......."British and Israelis ALWAYS make up good kit!! ...". ........... so some admirers from across the pond of British kit

Video: New Load-Bearing System for British Troops

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Oh. It's not one of those robot walking doggies that trots behind you carrying your Ammo, Water, Rats, ECM, Sleeping system, Comms, Jazz Mags, Batteries and haughty sense of disdain for Jonny foreigner.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oh. It's not one of those robot walking doggies that trots behind you carrying your Ammo, Water, Rats, ECM, Sleeping system, Comms, Jazz Mags, Batteries and haughty sense of disdain for Jonny foreigner.
You can't design a haughty disdain for Johnny foreigner, you are born with it and must have it gentled nurtured.

That must be at least the 10th iteration of webbing, and it still has pouches that can be left open, thus endangering submariners everywhere.

"Today a button, tomorrow an ammo pouch, the day after a submarine hatch."

If only they would break the cycle :)

Surely it's past trial if we're (as in my unit) is being issued it next year (was meant to be this year but as usual its slipped right)?

It all started to go wrong with the "day sack". I mean, what on earth was wrong with the "large pack"?

Honestly, kids today...
Ah, but can you use a day sack at night?

They will issue it and then people will buy their own once it's shorcomings are apparent.
As always.

"They will issue it and then people will buy their own once they realise that they look the same as everyone else. As always."

Fixed that for you.

Virtus gets a slagging on the BBC:

But soldiers have said it gives limited space for extra equipment - such as radios and medical supplies - and that if soldiers go to ground with it they find it hard to get back up.

"Daysack and Bergen should be used as fire fuel" is one of their comments on social media.

Others said: "Just about room for a Mars bar and biscuits" and "Snapping!"
Surely the trials should have addressed these shortcomings, unless of course the production units don't quite match the trials ones...

I haven't watched the video / read the report.

In short, if it weighs much over 60 lb for tabbing in or much over 35 Ib for fighting in then it's too heavy.

This has been acknowledged by various Armies / generals since before Caesars time