New lightbulbs in cancer scare!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RCT(V), Apr 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The German scientists behind the report advise . . . ", and the Germans should know !!

"These include phenol – a poison used by the Nazis to kill concentration camp victims . . . "

Attached Files:

2. The same reporters - but, at least with a LINK to verify the story.

Attached Files:

3. That's how the company ensures the bulbs last longer than you do.

4. ffs everything causes cancer.

recent studies have shown that being alive greatly increases ones chances of getting cancer

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't eat the ******* lightbulbs then, oh and don't wear them as a hat

6. Just read your signature logo for the RAMC and briefly thought it read Faithfull in Obesity

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Get with the Zeitgeist....... It's obviously:

"Faithful in Diversity"

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's even worse than that, a very resent study has proved that life is the biggest cause of death.

9. How scary - Carbolic Acid!

Also used in the making of Aspirin, hair dyes, cosmetics etc...... :roll:

10. it's true.

i prevent death by preventing life whenever i can.

my god says:"you will live an eternal life in paradise if you spread your life giving seed on your ladyfriends' back/arrse/face and go to great lengths not to shoot it into her vile ovum" or some such.

11. You have to admire the whole system, as I understand it the new pattern bulbs need to be left on for longer, in order to be energy efficient (switching them on uses extra power)
    So if you leave them on, they use much the same amount of leccy as an incandescent bulb.
    Now the boxheads are saying don't leave them on for extended periods, thus using comparable amounts of energy, and shortening the life span of these overpriced Mercury filled neon tubes.

It would be interesting to see what connections the euro instigators of this whole affair have with the energy and bulb making concerns.

12. I'd put money on Phillips lobbying the EU so that their light bulbs could win the market share. By all accounts, Phillips' influence in Brussels has been very strong in the past. Tin foil hat?

13. These light sources are now obsolete anyway, the new generation LED's use even less power and don't contain mercury etc.

14. I also read that glass has been found in windows, and they put these things in schools FFS!!1!!one!!! Will no one but paedophiles think of the children?!

• Like Like x 1