New light map shows universe to be older than previously thought.

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by hotel_california, Mar 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

2. Happy birthday universe...

[​IMG]

Rodney2q

3. Well of course it is older.

All that bollocks about hyperinflation to get over the size of the universe V the speed of light being a fixed constant was never going to stand up for long*.

*which is another way of saying I never could get my head around that.

4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

5. Of course the "universe is older than previously thought" eveything is older than previously thought, I mean "tower of london is older than it was yesterday and next week, it may turn out to be even older" OFFS!

These fuckwit scientists searching for headlines to bolster their budgets really piss me off and if scientific method means that gwarr large breasted archaeologists have to scrape away tiny layers of soil and radiodate tiny particles of charcoal, then I want to see some chebs swinging over charcoal from the big ******* bang, proper science that is!.

6. For Christ's sake don't tell higgs bosun or excognito.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OK.

[HR][/HR]
    ... how interesting. I used a few words of German on another post and now I have an advert for an htc one saying "mehr uber das Smartphone erfahren. Jetzt sichern bei". I wonder what will happen if I post some Klingon.

joH'a' yInaD Hoch qorDu'pu' yIquvmoH Hoch ghotpu' numuSHa'qu'mo' 'ej reH taHtaH vItDaj. joH'a' yInaD !

8. Live long and prosper.