new light armoured vehicle

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bert, Nov 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like a HMVV to me?

another MOD money making project?

wonder how long the fire extinguisher will last being on the outside, and looking at the height of it, will come with it's own step ladder just to see in the engine compartment and to check levels?
  2. msr

msr LE

3. It reminds me of a HmmV with 8 tonner tyres stuck on it. 3 comments - You'll wish you'd kept a tracked option, tyre changing will be a nightmare and please, who on earth chose an IVECO design for anything !!!!! ???
  4. So it'll have 1 forward and 6 reverse gears then :twisted:

Translation: Don't hold your breath :evil:
  5. So it'll never enter service and people will use their own cars as a means of reliable transportation then.
  6. It'll not be too long before you see one full of Yardies cruisin' round Scumchester.
  7. does anyone know if it has an in-service date yet?
  8. Note the weasel words over the armour in the article though:

"protecting its crew against small arms fire, anti-personnel mines and other blast weapons"

Which can be translated as "bugg@r all use against RPG so don't drive down any dodgy streets" That'll be useful in Iraq then.

The US are currently scrambling to reequip their units in Iraq with Abrams/Bradley as the armoured HMMVW (with similar armour protection) isn't up to the job. Maybe we should learn from them ?
  9. we have been here plenty of times before. ask some of the old salts why the "pigs" (- humber 1 ton) was sand coloured when it first appeared in NI. 'cos we had sold them all off and they had been painted sandy camo. funny thing that the snatch vehicles left NI for the sandy regions. nice circular touch.

i think the old "pig" with rpg mesh might be just the sort of armour that is handy for todays modern army (where did i put that army surplus catalogue? :wink:

anyway the "taverns" will be available soon if political planning all works ie shortly after all pigs fully fuelled and ready for take off :lol: :lol:
  10. they had snatch wagons out in basra painted green with either markings from ni or kfor and then we got new desert snatches with air con for the driver they even let the ta have one till we broke it :roll: