New laws on the sale of deactivated firearms.

More BS

4(T)

LE
More BS

So the Police cannot even cope with the licensing of actual firearms, but now they are expected to track by serial number and owner a million or so de-acts?!

By 14 Mar 2021 every owner of a de-act has to notify the authorities of its make/ model/ serial number/ calibre, on pain of criminal prosecution?!

I would have exclaimed "unbelievable", but that was before the recent spectacle of UK crushing its own system of democracy. Now the unbelievable has become the norm.

The other day I half-joked to someone that, because of the Brexit turmoil and the EU's sudden acceleration to Federal power, I wouldn't be surprised if the order came for all of us to hand in all of our remaining firearms. Perhaps I was being a bit too prescient....

Chicken

Old-Salt
As soon as any Firearm is registered,it's just a matter of time untill it is taken.

You only borrow registered guns,you never own them.

So what will this nonsense achieve ? SFA , all it will do is overload civil servants with work , will it reduce the risk of a firearm being re activated? , nope , they are butchered so much its easier for a dodgy engineer to scratch build a Sten or similar.

Truxx

LE
Ahhh…....

20190430_160711_HDR.jpg

Not going to be long before a de-act looks ike this.

cube.jpg

It`ll be made from cotton wool not steel .

Take an 'Informative', I will not give you a like for that, because true as it may be in the long term I can never like it.

Move to CZ, seem's to be loosening up a bit there.

You have to notify them. Registered delivery, once posted it's their problem.

So, for the time being, deacts will be more closely regulated than obsolete calibre? It seems odd to tightly regulate deacts - the modern form of which is pretty much an ornament - while allowing working weapons - albeit in v hard to obtain calibres - to be sold without regulation.

Blogg

LE
Pointless bullshit not grounded in reality you say? Ah there's your problem:

."..in order to complete the implementation in the United Kingdom of Directive (EU) 2017/853 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 (“the 2017 Directive”) amending Council Directive 91/477/EEC(“the 1991 Directive”) on control of the acquisition and possession of weapons."

It is truly a bizarre and un thought out reaction........ firearms law in the UK has never been sensible or well thought out .
Even more strange in Holland where a deac is allowed but a no hope of being converted replica is not or Belgium where anything over .50 didn't even have a standard to be deactivated too until recently.
As those with a tin foil hat have pointed out , it's almost like the governments are scarred ....because they have pissed off all the normal population so much they fear anarchy and want to remove anything other than sticks and stones from the public hands .......expect bows , crossbows and swords to be next on the list ..... in all seriousness there is a definite sense of trying to control weapons beyond anything that can be justified by any threat of terrorism.
Normandy 80 is going to look strange as we drive around with a 76mm sized broom stick poking out the front of the turret .....

Never really saw the point of a deactivated weapon.
What use is it?
We have them mounted on appropriate vehicles and most of the main armaments of the Tanks are also deac .
For instance the M16 would look pretty silly without 4 x .50's or even the M5a1 without 1x.50 and 2x .30 s .
The whole thing falls down because they have no idea who has what and it will just make all the weapons disappear and be traded /swapped underground so to speak

So, for the time being, deacts will be more closely regulated than obsolete calibre? It seems odd to tightly regulate deacts - the modern form of which is pretty much an ornament - while allowing working weapons - albeit in v hard to obtain calibres - to be sold without regulation.
Agreed, it would be very easy to hand load ammunition for quite a few of the obsolete calibres and as I mentioned before any engineer could build a firearm, a simple single shot pistol would only take a morning , a Sten 2 or 3 days? , the government would be better off concentrating on the movements and activities of many of the immigrants they've allowed in, they are the real threat to public safety.

Last edited:
Agreed, it would be very easy to hand load ammunition for quite a few of the obsolete calibres and as I mentioned before any engineer could build a firarm, a simple single shot pistol would only take a morning , a Sten 2 or 3 days? , the government would be better off concentrating on the movements and activities of many of the immigrants they've allowed in, they are the real threat to public safety.
There will be a commercial impact too. Once people learn about these rules, demand for deacts will decrease. They are already fairly expensive. If you add in legal duties about re-sale, and being on a database, some (many?) people will not bother.

I hope no one gets the idea to swamp the authorities with spurious invented firearms from and to invented people.

Last edited:

Latest Threads