New Laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by pigdog, Dec 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Laptop is coming to the end of its life so looking to invest in a new one for £400 - £600. After a all round laptop that will provide a good standard of gaming, windows 7, HDMI, CD re writter and be generally fast on internet.
    Any ideas much appreciated.
  2. Has had some really good reviews, minor points being it is supposed to be easy to knock mouse and how does it being a notebook affect it? Is one I am seriously considering.
  3. Quick,get one soon,the VAT goes back up to 17.5% in January !
  4. All I can say is that it is excellent for the money - I got the 15% VAT off which was a nice bonus - God I love living in Germany
  5. Picked up a Advent Roma 2000 in Currys the other day. Windows 7, HDMI connection, DVD RW, 320 GB HDD. It's only got a Celeron C900 but all round good computing on a budget. Only £329.
  6. try ring them up and tell em what you want they can build/recommend what is good for you and are a good reputable company to deal with
  7. msr

msr LE

8. Thanks again for the advice guys, just wondering if anyone had anything to say about the laptops recommended so far. Leaning towards the Toshiba, but will be giving novatech a call.
  9. Have a look at Novatech HERE
    Well made, good support & customer service.
    Recently bought a pc from them.

10. I bought myself an Asus Pro70K -7S036C 2 years ago and it runs like a dream. I play MW2 on it without any complaints .

I bought Mrs.Clogs an Asus K70AB TY 003C and is also a beauty to work with.

I think Asus builds top quality laptops in the range of Dell and the better ones from HP.Toshiba,Sony and the like.
  11. HP HDX's are always recommended, I use one myself but stretched upto to 650 but was worth it for what I got; 18.4" screen, 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo processor, 4gb RAM, 320gb HD, Blu-ray, HDMI, 512mb 9600, plays MW2 at high res, try ebay