• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

New lad on the block - QRH possibly

Hi lads/lasses, currently seriously considering applying for the Queens Royal Hussars.

Me old man was a tank driver back in the day and i've always been interested in them so they are my company of choice at the moment.

Any currently serving tank crew members on here? Or anyone been in the QRH's?

Whats your thoughts on the regiment etc etc

Many thanks :)

There's a fair few around T_O, but the RAC forum seems to be quite RTR heavy. GDav is the resident QRH buff round these parts, so if you really have a pressing issue (he can usually be found flaming the other arms) I'm sure he can help you.

Good luck to you.

I just so happen to have a well worn copy of the 3 phase tankie training manual to hand:

1. Report to the tank park and begin cleaning/painting/fixing your tank.
2. Reverse the process on ex/ops.
3. Repeat phase 1.

stroker said:
Good luck to you.

I just so happen to have a well worn copy of the 3 phase tankie training manual to hand:

1. Report to the tank park and begin cleaning/painting/fixing your tank.
2. Reverse the process on ex/ops.
3. Repeat phase 1.
its not like that at all you go to the tank park put the kettle on have a brew leave troop cage look at the panzer go into cage have a brew wait for NAAFI wagon leave tank park for lunch go back repeat first half of the day go to the gaddafi after corry street on ex bust tank wait for remfs to fix it oh happy days. 8)

If you are after any info on the QRH then PM me and I'll get back to you

Your best bet for info on the regt is to go to our own website, www.qrh.org.uk we have a recruiter looking in on the site for that very reason.

So you had a go at somebody who wants to be a recruit and it made you feel good.

*slow handclap*

tankieboy said:
Gobby Nig.
Thanks for the contribution. :x

What would you have said if he was going Black? :roll:

Bolleaux. You;re just jealous he's not joing the Chav Cav.

If you ain't cav - you aint. Get over it.

Maybe i didnt give myself time to phrase it properly i know QRH is part of the old cavalry regiment.

What i meant was i wouldn't join 1RTR or 2RTR which is where i resume he is from if hes part of a tank troop but hates the QRH??

The_0ne said:
Maybe i didnt give myself time to phrase it properly i know QRH is part of the old cavalry regiment.

What i meant was i would join 1RTR or 2RTR which is where i resume he is from if hes part of a tank troop but hates the QRH??
QRH isn't part of anything son. QRH is an amalgamation of the 3rd Queen's Own Hussars, the 4th Queen's Own Hussars, the 7th Queen's Own Hussars and the 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars.

He's just an RTR w@nker.