Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Labour Leadership

Slime

LE
I’d better add, I’m not holding my breath for SKS to resign due to him being a very senior and leading member of the party the report castigates.

Perhaps he’s going to ‘do a Corbyn’ and say he was present at the time, but did mot take part :)

I’d better add, I’m not holding my breath for SKS to resign due to him being a very senior and leading member of the party the report castigates.

Perhaps he’s going to ‘do a Corbyn’ and say he was present at the time, but did mot take part :)

whoa! Lord Sir Starmer doing some Olympic level dodging during Press questions: ' . . . no individual member of leadership was named . . . '

Slimy wretch.

Slime

LE
Two stand out points from SKS’s speech just now.

He said anyone who ever said there was no anti semitism problem in the Labour party HAS NO PLACE IN THE LABOUR PARTY.

This means Corbyn has to go today.
It also means SKS has to go

Hmmmm, I wonder if either will go.

SKS has also removed any involvement of the Kabour leader or deputy in any complaints.
My cynical view is that SKS knows anti semitism will continue, but from now in him or Rayner can’t be held accountable.

He said anyone who ever said there was no anti semitism problem in the Labour party HAS NO PLACE IN THE LABOUR PARTY.

SKS has also removed any involvement of the Kabour leader or deputy in any complaints.
My cynical view is that SKS knows anti semitism will continue, but from now in him or Rayner can’t be held accountable.
Chakrabarti’s report - for which she was amply rewarded - was when?
Equally importantly, given Starmer’s comment ref ‘no place in the Labour Party’, has she just been thrown under a bus?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Keir Starmer, new leader of Labour Party has just demonstrated a complete lack of leadership by saying there is no place in the LP for anti Semites but refuses to bin the ones already there!

Slime

LE
You've just been treated to a QC in full plumage - 20 minutes of many, many words with nothing said . . .

I veg to differ, he in fact said quite a few things imho.

I think it was just a case of listening to each word to extract the meanings :)

We know he denied there being an anti semitism for many years.
Ergo, we know he himself has denied any problem..........up until he became leader. Today he said that those who deny the problem have no place in the party........the fact he said deny instead of denied just came across to me as him saying ‘a big boy made me do it, and then he ran away’.

He was the same about the new investigation process, and neatly removed the leader of deputy from any future blame.

With regards to Chakrabarti, a caller on TalkRadio came up with an excellent description of how she had investigated but found no wrong.
The description works best verbally, but he called it a ‘chamois clean’

Slime

LE
What could be next for Chakrabarti?

Maybe she could become a brand ambassador for the RNIB.

What could be next for Chakrabarti?

Maybe she could become a brand ambassador for the RNIB.
Hasn't there been calls for an investigation into alleged Conservative 'Islamophobia'?

Keir Starmer, new leader of Labour Party has just demonstrated a complete lack of leadership by saying there is no place in the LP for anti Semites but refuses to bin the ones already there!

Perhaps he means there is no place because they're full up with antisemites, and he needs to remove some to leave room for new antisemites to join the Labour Party

CC_TA

LE

Labour HQ earlier today:
ff3faa3c25a477dc790f9d3e5d79224b--childhood-images-childhood-memories.jpg

Well Corbyn's gone - today.

Slime

LE

It was reported early this afternoon he had been suspended.
Then later another radio item said he had the whip withdrawn.

After his statement just before SKS‘s main speech today Corbyn has now back tracked on this mornings statement and at around 6pm I heard another statement from him talking about anti semitism..........but he still only talked about it generally as a bad thing, and not directly related to the Labour party.
He also says he plans to appeal his suspension.

Ah, they must have changed the story although I doubt it was linked to something in 2109 (doo ee oo ee oo).
Twas this one
from that article...

For the Conservatives, Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove has written to Sir Keir, saying he "seemingly found it much harder to find the moral character and backbone to do what was right" while serving in the shadow cabinet under Mr Corbyn.

Love it. Nice one Mickey.

Latest Threads