Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Labour Leadership

. . . where as I (cynically) would give you a manly and non-confrontational hug whilst muttering, 'Oh, you sweet Summer child . . . '.

There's not a snowball's chance that Starmer, Ashworth, the First Councillors of the assorted UDCs* et al would have lasted 10 minutes without politicising any Task Force or similar iteration of a Government of National Unity.

The Press Lobby would have been on speed dial with the various factions, eager to see who was the first to leak any and all conversations, debates and decisions.

Such a beast would have been weaponised in a heart beat.

*Urban District Councils, for them that have never heard of them

. . . and to lend some emphasis to my earlier observation (yes, I know that it's Guido but he is something of a tunnel rat when it comes to such things):

. . . and to lend some emphasis to my earlier observation (yes, I know that it's Guido but he is something of a tunnel rat when it comes to such things):

You need to read on in that Guido piece to get to the important bit: her agent basically shows ‘that’s bolleaux’.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
1602782212114.png

• Dan Carden, Shadow treasury minister
  • Margaret Greenwood, Shadow education minister
  • Navendu Mishra, PPS Angela Rayner
  • Sarah Owen, PPS FCO
  • Kim Johnson, PPS Angela Rayner
  • Mary Foy, PPS Employment
  • Rachel Hopkins, PPS Women & Equalities
Seven Shadow Frontbenchers Quit Over Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill - Guido Fawkes

ETA, useful from the comments:

1602782378392.png

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I just had a look in the BBC for this story and surprise surprise it was there, hidden down,low down the page, in the political section. Not headline news. If just one Tory sneezed they would have the news plastered over the website.

The question therefore must be: is the BBC so biased that they struggle to post anti Labour news?
Or
Is Labour so insignificant now that they are not newsworthy?

Or
Both!

View attachment 512437
  • Dan Carden, Shadow treasury minister
  • Margaret Greenwood, Shadow education minister
  • Navendu Mishra, PPS Angela Rayner
  • Sarah Owen, PPS FCO
  • Kim Johnson, PPS Angela Rayner
  • Mary Foy, PPS Employment
  • Rachel Hopkins, PPS Women & Equalities
Seven Shadow Frontbenchers Quit Over Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill - Guido Fawkes

ETA, useful from the comments:

View attachment 512439
Reduced the number of shadow frontbenchers, although I think labour still have more shadows than the Tories have frontbench posts. I wonder what the next crop of nonentities will be, slim pickings for Liebour.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Reduced the number of shadow frontbenchers, although I think labour still have more shadows than the Tories have frontbench posts. I wonder what the next crop of nonentities will be, slim pickings for Liebour.
Two of them PPS to A Rayner. I wonder if they have been looking for an excuse. :)

Two of them PPS to A Rayner. I wonder if they have been looking for an excuse. :)
C'mon, who wouldn't want to work for 'tit Grangela luvvie!

philc

LE
As said many times this and other non issue will consign Labour to years of opposition, man or woman in the street has little or no interest and if they do, see the validity of the argument only Woman have a cervix.

Its not transphobia to state the obvious.

The GMB trade union branch for MPs’ staff members has condemned the behaviour of Labour backbencher Rosie Duffield after a second employee reportedly quit her office over alleged transphobia.

As said many times this and other non issue will consign Labour to years of opposition, man or woman in the street has little or no interest and if they do, see the validity of the argument only Woman have a cervix.

Its not transphobia to state the obvious.

The GMB trade union branch for MPs’ staff members has condemned the behaviour of Labour backbencher Rosie Duffield after a second employee reportedly quit her office over alleged transphobia.
Tearing themselves apart over a non-issue yet again. What is it about the Labour Party that attracts these effwits?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Momentum, having tasted power and liked it, have definitely not gone away

Personally I am quite happy for Labour to spend their little amount of money fighting Labour. Make the Tory's job of staying in power so much easier!
It's not just within the Labour party though. Remember that the hard left said they were going to weaponise the NHS. Note the amount of political games going on. Maoists in particular couldn't give a stuff who is harmed along the way.

It's not just within the Labour party though. Remember that the hard left said they were going to weaponise the NHS. Note the amount of political games going on. Maoists in particular couldn't give a stuff who is harmed along the way.
They're also employing their network of city mayors and Welsh FM in a war of attrition with the Westminster in order to financially cripple the country in order to bring down the Johnson government.

They're also employing their network of city mayors and Welsh FM in a war of attrition with the Westminster in order to financially cripple the country in order to bring down the Johnson government.

I think with the Welsh FM it's genuine incompetence rather than them being some kind of political tactician

I think with the Welsh FM it's genuine incompetence rather some kind of political tactician
Still, he's a Corbynite under orders from Momentum.

Latest Threads