Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Labour Leadership

Yay devolution!

Sturgeon to follow I'm sure :smile:

With no doubt an exception for Covid positive people allowed to travel into England but not allowed back for a month

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I've got a friend who lives in a small village on the Flintshire/Denbighshire border. She's told me that she can go anywhere in Flintshire but can't go to her local shop because it is in Denbighshire.

I used to work for a company on the old Dorset/Hampshire border, where one office is in Dorset and the other is in pre 1974 Hampshire. Imagine going to work and being told that you can't go to a meeting in the other office over the road because it's in the wrong county.
I used to live by that border. My house was in Wales, my son snd his chums used to play across the brook in England . ..

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Slime

LE
Can anyone define the Free Speech that this country is supposed to be so proud of?
As we aren’t supposed to have free speech it, and don’t have it, that could make it hard to be proud of.

The USA has free speech, the U.K. does not.

I’m sure you can think of several words, names or phrases that aren’t free to be used without consequence.

Time was it was informally defined as being able to stand on a soapbox at Speakers’ Corner and spout forth without being nicked.

I wonder if you said "Not all white people are racist" at Speaker's Corner, how long would it take for plod to turn up?

I wonder if you said "Not all white people are racist" at Speaker's Corner, how long would it take for plod to turn up?
That, of course, would be now.
Does the Speakers’ Corner tradition still exist? Years since I was in that neck of London on a weekend.

Lets put up a financial border between England and Wales as well - stop the flow of English taxpayers money at the Welsh border. See the chippy little scroats stand on their own two feet for a change

So we need to shut the border as its moving from east to west, but Wales is to the east of England... I don't understand his geography, was he an officer in a previous career??
Are you standing on your head posting that?
Wales is West of England.

Dredd

LE
How the hell do you close a non-border?

Yes Wales, I am looking at you.

And probably you as well Wee Nippy, when you come out with the same crap.

philc

LE
Paywalled.

ETA if anyone needs to see the story for free, it is here.

Seems the Police have er cancelled the interview with young Grimes and are conducting a review in to the investigation, which I think means we were found out trying to intimidate someone due to their politics.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Seems the Police have er cancelled the interview with young Grimes and are conducting a review in to the investigation, which I think means we were found out trying to intimidate someone due to their politics.
I think I would rather know who was pressuring the police to act. I'm sure someone must have complained to plod to start the sorry train of events and that someone would have some influence it seems.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads