Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Labour Leadership

Also when Iran shot down the USN drone, Admiral's and assorted hawks wanted military action of some sort Trump replied 'no one has been killed' NFA. Trump thinks war's cost money.
He'd be right.
Look what we shelled out for Afghanistan .
Did eff all for us except loss of life n limb.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Starmer's first proposal for Tom Watson to get a peerage has rightly been rejected. Starmer apparently doesn't accept the decision and is pushing for it again. There have been criticisms and suggestions of cronyism over Johnson's peerages and Starmer may cite these to get Watson in to the House of Lords.

Tom Watson's peerage rejected over his support of fantasist Carl Beech
That is an old report. Do you have a link to a new block?

I would not be in the least upset if he continues to be blocked! He deserves nothing less. But, and this is the only reason I would see him in ermine is it would really, really get up Bercow's nose! :)

Good point, hence the spelling error. Charlie Falconer I think.
Charlie Falconer, Blair’s best mate, was on ‘PM’ tonight explaining how the PM’s new Bill was illegal, breached international law, etc. He was given a free pass on Iraq, and bluffed his way out of the Kosovo problem.
The Beeb headlined the programme with the now-well known refrain that Johnson’s move is illegal, no ifs or buts; put Falconer on to hammer that nail home; then moved on to the next topic. No mention of any Government spokesman to rebut the accusation.

Interesting comment in the Guardian/Observer today that illustrates Starmer and the Labour Party's problems:

The point that Mr Rawnsley and, in general, G readers still struggle to understand is that the world has changed.

"Working class people have finally found a voice after decades of being ignored. Extraordinarily, in this country it's the Tories who have identified with them and Labour who, now filled with middle-class chattering-types have found themselves alienated from, and disliked by, the working class for whom the party was originally set up by and for.

In turn, Labour MPs and party members, middle-class types almost all, despise the working class and their values of fairness, patriotism and nostalgia.

It's this total disconnect that lets Boris do, and get away with, the things he does. Yes, some Tory MPs may abstain and even vote against the Bill, but with DUP supporting it, he has an almost 100 majority for this Bill, so it's going to get through the Commons easily. The Lords may reject it, so I've no doubt Big Bad Dom will tell Boris to put it through the Commons again until the Lords backs down.

The Red Wall cares nothing for what people abroad think of the BBC some of the other things Mr Rawnsley suggests foreign people think of the UK for (I suspect very few people think about the UK a great deal, why should they? They are living their own lives, wherever they are).

And this is what leaves G columnists and readers so bewildered. Boris simply doesn't care what middle-class G readers in north Islington think. He wants the Red Wall to vote for him again in 2024. Picking fights with the EU and wrapping himself in the Union Flag will defiantly help him to do that.

Starmer knows this and - amazingly - after 3 years of trying to Stop Brexit, Keir is now telling Boris to "get Brexit done!"

No doubt, leaving G readers even more perplexed."

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting comment in the Guardian/Observer today that illustrates Starmer and the Labour Party's problems:

The point that Mr Rawnsley and, in general, G readers still struggle to understand is that the world has changed.

"Working class people have finally found a voice after decades of being ignored. Extraordinarily, in this country it's the Tories who have identified with them and Labour who, now filled with middle-class chattering-types have found themselves alienated from, and disliked by, the working class for whom the party was originally set up by and for.

In turn, Labour MPs and party members, middle-class types almost all, despise the working class and their values of fairness, patriotism and nostalgia.

It's this total disconnect that lets Boris do, and get away with, the things he does. Yes, some Tory MPs may abstain and even vote against the Bill, but with DUP supporting it, he has an almost 100 majority for this Bill, so it's going to get through the Commons easily. The Lords may reject it, so I've no doubt Big Bad Dom will tell Boris to put it through the Commons again until the Lords backs down.

The Red Wall cares nothing for what people abroad think of the BBC some of the other things Mr Rawnsley suggests foreign people think of the UK for (I suspect very few people think about the UK a great deal, why should they? They are living their own lives, wherever they are).

And this is what leaves G columnists and readers so bewildered. Boris simply doesn't care what middle-class G readers in north Islington think. He wants the Red Wall to vote for him again in 2024. Picking fights with the EU and wrapping himself in the Union Flag will defiantly help him to do that.

Starmer knows this and - amazingly - after 3 years of trying to Stop Brexit, Keir is now telling Boris to "get Brexit done!"

No doubt, leaving G readers even more perplexed."

As Brexit was in the conservative manifesto all the PM has to do is use the Parliament Act to force the Bill through and Dom will be talking to some of the MPs and Lords in a direct ungentlemanly mannor. I susoect Constituancy parties will be talking to their MPs and warning them as to their conduct in the coming days.

As Brexit was in the conservative manifesto all the PM has to do is use the Parliament Act to force the Bill through and Dom will be talking to some of the MPs and Lords in a direct ungentlemanly mannor. I susoect Constituancy parties will be talking to their MPs and warning them as to their conduct in the coming days.

Will he , by Jove ?
So Dom the dastardly daggerman will demonstrate how something pointy under the fingernails encourages wakefulness and attention ? How...erm.... awful !

TamH70

MIA
Will he , by Jove ?
So Dom the dastardly daggerman will demonstrate how something pointy under the fingernails encourages wakefulness and attention ? How...erm.... awful !

No, no, no, you don't use pointy things under the fingernails as that's bad, sick and very wrong.

Use blunt things as they hurt more.

starmer devil.JPG

Latest Threads