New Labour Leadership

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What's not to like about that?

You can see who's coming to town...
If Corbyn was in power there would be statues of him and Stalin in every town by now at a far higher cost. Plus Comrade Corbyn would probably have some Ilyushin transport aircraft to fly in on his visits to Moscow, Beijing, Pyongyang, Tehran and Havana, oh and not to forget Caracas.

And the Graun and Indie would be singing his praises.

I feel that we need a retrospective on Labour Leaders this century. Just to revel in the glory, the capability and excellence...

Looks like that Brigadier in the first picture is going “WTF is he on?”
Gordon Brown, “oh shit she’s sussed.”
Miliband playing Moses.
Corbyn evidencing he wasn’t there
Smarmer, seeking inspiration

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I feel that we need a retrospective on Labour Leaders this century. Just to revel in the glory, the capability and excellence...

The expression on the Brig's face is priceless: "WTF did you just say?"
_90306572_blair_2003_rexfeatures_418175b.jpg

E2A: Drat! Beaten to it be Leoman! :(

philc

LE

So was it shirt sleeves up or down day when Tony visited, seems he went for half measures.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

What a shower!

Whilst I agree with your observation, here is a list of Conservative leaders in the same time frame.

ice_screenshot_20200701-103125.png

Between the two sets of leaders it shows a real paucity of talent in British politics in the last 30 years or so.

Whilst I agree with your observation, here is a list of Conservative leaders in the same time frame.

View attachment 486297

Between the two sets of leaders it shows a real paucity of talent in British politics in the last 30 years or so.
Yeah but this is the Labour leader thread :p They also, I think, managed to avoid too many photographic howlers like above.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that at least three of them would have gotten to at least Mediocre. Didn't IDS have some good ideas on reform of the benefit systems, and actually seemed to give a damn.

View attachment 486297

Yeah but this is the Labour leader thread :p They also, I think, managed to avoid too many photographic howlers like above.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that at least three of them would have gotten to at least Mediocre. Didn't IDS have some good ideas on reform of the benefit systems, and actually seemed to give a damn.
There can be only one, Saint Margaret

Margaret Thatcher.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads