New Labour Leadership

Keir Starmer has sacked Rebecca Long-Bailey. What happens now?

Equally, of course, the row could end up with Starmer strengthened: benefiting from the clear signal he has sent about his priorities, and a further divided Labour left, with some on the frontbenches, some clustering around Long-Bailey, and others looking to leadership from Richard Burgon, who several Campaign Group MPs think did a better job of outlining Corbynite principles in the deputy race than Long-Bailey did in the main leadership contest. The outcome of Starmer’s decision today is highly uncertain.
Oh please yes.
Looking to leadership from Richard Burgon is like seeking advice on Thermo Nuclear physics from Bradley Walsh

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looking to leadership from Richard Burgon is like seeking advice on Thermo Nuclear physics from Bradley Walsh
At least BW can get advice on that from The Doctor ;)

philc

LE
Another Northern MP sacked to be replaced by a London centric Blairite, unacceptable, I stand with RBL who has done nothing wrong I expect a stout defence by Comrade Ken and Comrade Ken.

This is Zio plot orgainised by Mossad.
Satire meets reality, seems Corbyn and Co. are seeing SKS and defending her as I type. Yep I would listen to the architect or all Labours failings and woes.

I think Long-Bailey’s ShadCab appointment was designed purely to keep Momentum quiet while Starmer got his feet firmly under the table. (Notice McDonnell immediately broke his radio silence to defend RL-B)

Starmer was just handed a too good to miss opportunity and leapt at it. Good for him too.
Unions put a lot of wonga and bungs into Ding Dongs leadership bid, CMU £35k, unite £200K, Momentum £100k in staff support, UNITE 15K staff support, CMU £17K staff support also FBU. In return they have go sweet Fanny Adams to show for it. Like all politics perhaps there is more behind Sir K giving her the bums rush than one tweet?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Satire meets reality, seems Corbyn and Co. are seeing SKS and defending her as I type. Yep I would listen to the architect or all Labours failings and woes.
Enough to make a cat laugh:

1593168280857.png

Corbyn really is the £3 gift that keeps on giving.

But Richard 'Two brain cells' Burgon is the leader the Labour Party deserve

I think Long-Bailey has been a bit hard done by here.
Machiavellian politicking by Keir to get rid of a rival.

Saying a policeman learnt something from the Israeli police is not in itself anti-semitic.

But if your party has been labelled as anti-semitic in the past, probably something you'd be wise to stay well clear of.

That Maxine Peake is clearly a lunatic, as an aside.

We need people like Long-Bailey to stay front and centre so they remain unelectable forever.

philc

LE
Guardian: “Part of Corbyn’s contribution to Friday’s meeting was obscured by a poor internet connection”. Jeremy was present but not involved...

I wonder who Maxine Peake may have been listening to?

TARIQ ALI linked the killing of George Floyd to the Israel military during a webinar with former Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn and Arundhati Roy yesterday.

By Svar Nanan-Sen
UPDATED: 13:40, Sun, Jun 7, 2020

Mr Ali said: “I would now like to come to another part of the world which ironically links the knee on the neck to George Floyd to this region because a lot of the American police forces have been trained in Israel.
They don't go away you know.

'tis the express site

Picked up this little gem on BBC Armed Forces Day news item -

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has also issued a statement thanking military personnel "for the role they play both at home and abroad".

It comes as the party launches its Labour Friends of the Armed Forces scheme in a bid to "open up Labour again to our armed forces, their families and veterans across our country".

Labour Friends of the Armed Forces! quite a change in attitude? Magic must be choking on his organic, free trade, Cuban lesbian collective produced, zero carbon, porridge this morning!

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has also issued a statement thanking military personnel "for the role they play both at home and abroad".

It comes as the party launches its Labour Friends of the Armed Forces scheme in a bid to "open up Labour again to our armed forces, their families and veterans across our country".

Labour Friends of the Armed Forces! quite a change in attitude? Magic must be choking on his organic, free trade, Cuban lesbian collective produced, zero carbon, porridge this morning!
Labour Friends of the Armed Forces have been around for a few years

Im sure there was a post on on ARRSE detailing how squaddies could join Labour for a much cheaper price than usual.

Heres a link for 6 months free membership and a reduced price afterwards

Dont all rush at once.

Labour are no more friends of the AF than the Conservatives are. To both parties the AF are little more than a propaganda machine to be milked when at it's highest profile and when not so high an opportunity to slash to the bone so the Partys priorities can be boosted along with, they hope, their chances at the ballot box.

Latest Threads