New Labour Leadership

Then YOU are your own problem.

Test capacity has been given.
Uptake is published, no shows are published.

So the circumstances you want have been explained. Yet you seem to feel you haven’t been given the truth.
Me saying that 20,000 officers have gone since 2010, is a stone cold fact. BJ promising 20,000 officers within 3 years is an aspiration, that may or may not come true, and is not a comparable use of figures and dates between me and him. You must be able to see that.

My whole point is that when you set figures and dates, it’s not always helpful for the politicians who feel obliged to meet them, even if it’s not relevant or possible, or the public, who set some store by that figure and then feel let down when someone points out that they aren’t as transparent as at first thought.

Thanks for the good natured discussion, I appreciate it. I’m in work at 0700 and need to go to bed though.

Slime

LE
Me saying that 20,000 officers have gone since 2010, is a stone cold fact. BJ promising 20,000 officers within 3 years is an aspiration, that may or may not come true, and is not a comparable use of figures and dates between me and him. You must be able to see that.

My whole point is that when you set figures and dates, it’s not always helpful for the politicians who feel obliged to meet them, even if it’s not relevant or possible, or the public, who set some store by that figure and then feel let down when someone points out that they aren’t as transparent as at first thought.

Thanks for the good natured discussion, I appreciate it. I’m in work at 0700 and need to go to bed though.
Take it steady :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I never said it would make difference to me personally, but apparently it’s a main tenant of the route out of this.
This seems to be a common trait on here, not looking at what was originally posted.

My initial post about the matter, was why did BJ paint himself in to a corner, by specifying a date for a world beating system. It seems like a naive thing to do. I think the app won’t be ready, we will end using a manual system of T and T but that will still be sold/spun as world beating.
Why were you posting about Johnston in a thread about Starmer?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why were you posting about Johnston in a thread about Starmer?
Sadly, you have drawn me back in, against my better wishes.

The topic was originally brought up, because of PMQs which funnily enough involves both KS and BJ.

But you knew that though, didn’t you.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sadly, you have drawn me back in, against my better wishes.

The topic was originally brought up, because of PMQs which funnily enough involves both KS and BJ.

But you knew that though, didn’t you.
So why not remark on the car crash that KS was (albeit better that Jezza) instead of Boris bashing!

Genuine question: can you make a post without bashing Boris?

Bloody hell, you could be onto something brilliant there. :)

I enjoyed the Banksy themed Dismaland exhibition at Weston Super Mare, Nurseyland at the Nightingale hospital at the university of the West of England could be even better :)
Headline the next day...
Public Health England unable to explain sudden and dramatic increase in blood pressure among Nightingale patients.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Can I complain that the nightingale hospitals aren't full of nurses wearing retro nurses uniforms with stockings
Retro nurses uniforms? Like this?
nurses-1800.png

Me saying that 20,000 officers have gone since 2010, is a stone cold fact.
I've seen this figure often, but what I've never seen is if these have been filled with other non-Warranted Officer roles.

Have these been refilled by cheaper civilian investigators, Custody staff, PCSO, etc?

Gen question. It's not loaded, I generally would like to know if 20k heads have gone or they've just been re-organised

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've seen this figure often, but what I've never seen is if these have been filled with other non-Warranted Officer roles.

Have these been refilled by cheaper civilian investigators, Custody staff, PCSO, etc?

Gen question. It's not loaded, I generally would like to know if 20k heads have gone or they've just been re-organised
The answer should be interesting. "How can we present the figures and show that Boris is personally at fault with help from the Tory Party". The fact that for part of the time Boris wasn't even an MP, never mind PM will be ignored. Also, the decision to reduce front line numbers was taken, or started, when there was a coalition government - will the Lib Dems get any abuse? I doubt it.

Back on track, it looks like Sir KS thinks it is OK for kids to go back yet his paymasters in the unions think otherwise.

This should get interesting.
but think of the (disadvantaged) children;

Coronavirus: Prioritise reopening schools, says Starmer
15 April 2020

“One of the concerns I have is that the longer the schools are shut, the bigger the inequality between those children that are getting pretty good home-schooling because they have got the resources and the backing to do it and those that aren’t because perhaps they are in very overcrowded accommodation,” Sir Keir said this morning, speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Cheaper civilian roles have been used to free up officers for frontline duties where a warrant is required to a certain extent. PCSO cannot really be used to replace PC and the biggest use is probably Police Staff Investigator (PSI) instead of DC or PC investigator. This has in my opinion led to a massive dip in investigation quality.

Cheaper civilian roles have been used to free up officers for frontline duties where a warrant is required to a certain extent. PCSO cannot really be used to replace PC and the biggest use is probably Police Staff Investigator (PSI) instead of DC or PC investigator. This has in my opinion led to a massive dip in investigation quality.
OK, so it's fair to say that a number of Police Officers have been replaced with civvies, therefore the headcount is similar, just done by others? It's the new 21st Century way I believe, trade-off quality for quantity (money).

It would be interesting to capture/quantify the investigation quality aspect. Dropped cases, failed prosecutions, etc.

We've just shifted our GB Finance operation to a central European Hub in Poland. We all know it's for the bottom line, but the quality is yet to be assessed, and how it impacts on our relationship with our customers.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
bUT Think of the (disadvantaged) children;

Coronavirus: Prioritise reopening schools, says Starmer
15 April 2020

Actually I was being a touch flippant to bring this thread back on track, away from Wet's constant turning of the thread away from anything anti Labour to anti Tory/Boris.

I think Sir KS is not far wrong. Schools have to reopen at some point or we have a whole generation with interrupted and incomplete education. Scientist after scientist has said schools are among the safest areas as children can cope much better with the disease.

I think there is an opportunity to reorganise school term time. I would have thought that, rather than schools closing down for two months just after being closed for over two months is wrong. This year's summer holidays could have been cancelled with a couple of weeks off prior to restart in August. I think having the summer hols just because we always do is wrong. Nobody is going to be flying off for family hols this year, so the time could be used to catch up on lost time.

Back to Sir KS, it is good to see he is bringing forward positive plans for restarting education, unlike his predecessor who is backing teaching unions on keeping schools closed. Mind you, an uneducated mass fits the Momentum plan perfectly where people would be more dependant on government.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
... the biggest use is probably Police Staff Investigator (PSI) instead of DC or PC investigator. This has in my opinion led to a massive dip in investigation quality.
Have you any real evidence that this has led to "a massive dip" or is that your subjective and unsubstantiated view?

Latest Threads