New Labour Leadership

What difference will it make to you personally if we do or don’t get one?
I never said it would make difference to me personally, but apparently it’s a main tenant of the route out of this.
This seems to be a common trait on here, not looking at what was originally posted.

My initial post about the matter, was why did BJ paint himself in to a corner, by specifying a date for a world beating system. It seems like a naive thing to do. I think the app won’t be ready, we will end using a manual system of T and T but that will still be sold/spun as world beating.

Slime

LE
I never said it would make difference to me personally, but apparently it’s a main tenant of the route out of this.
This seems to be a common trait on here, not looking at what was originally posted.

My initial post about the matter, was why did BJ paint himself in to a corner, by specifying a date for a world beating system. It seems like a naive thing to do. I think the app won’t be ready, we will end using a manual system of T and T but that will still be sold/spun as world beating.
I read what you have posted, but it’s a free country and I asked you a different question :)

I also saw what you said about the amount of tests posted out, and noted that you never followed that up with details of how they were delivered..........

A person happy to be spoon fed might have lazily assumed the tests were delivered like regular mail so might take a day of two to arrived after their ‘posted date’ ;)

I’m sure you may have noticed how the Labour party and anti tory media aren’t specifying how long tests taken to arrive either :)

I read what you have posted, but it’s a free country and I asked you a different question :)

I also saw what you said about the amount of tests posted out, and noted that you never followed that up with details of how they were delivered..........

A person happy to be spoon fed might have lazily assumed the tests were delivered like regular mail so might take a day of two to arrived after their ‘posted date’ ;)

I’m sure you may have noticed how the Labour party and anti tory media aren’t specifying how long tests taken to arrive either :)
Tests posted aren’t tests completed though are they? They may not be completed, return slots might not be easy to get etc. It was IMHO an obvious figure boosting tactic, which became transparent when the figure for the next 6 odd days never reached 100,000.

As I get older, I object to being lied and spun to, I would much rather that they were honest and admitted when mistakes were made and when they had been over optimistic. I would have far more respect for them.

Slime

LE
Tests posted aren’t tests completed though are they? They may not be completed, return slots might not be easy to get etc. It was IMHO an obvious figure boosting tactic, which became transparent when the figure for the next 6 odd days never reached 100,000.

As I get older, I object to being lied and spun to, I would much rather that they were honest and admitted when mistakes were made and when they had been over optimistic. I would have far more respect for them.
I can only speak from direct experience.

Test posted at 01.30 delivered at 07.30 the same morning. Taken at 08.00 the same morning.

Perhaps you don’t consider taken the same morning as posted as the same day.

Return slot as you call it, easy to book.

I wasn’t surprised that the tests for some of the following days didn’t reach 100,000 per day, I’m sure the government had to hit a completely irrelevant number that day to try to hush a group of whingers who only whinged because the number wasn’t 100,000.

if the number had been 80,000, 70,000, 200,000 it would have made no difference, they would have still whinged if the tests taken were as little as 1 below the number.

Slime

LE
As an add on the the above, the doomsters and gloomsters tend to mona like **** if a set number isn’t reached, yet never quantify why not reaching that number made any difference, or back up their moaning with a qualified alternative.

I feel the same people who are ‘number watching’ often are the same types who are now complaining that the nightingale hospitals aren’t full :)

I can only speak from direct experience.

Test posted at 01.30 delivered at 07.30 the same morning. Taken at 08.00 the same morning.

Perhaps you don’t consider taken the same morning as posted as the same day.

Return slot as you call it, easy to book.

I wasn’t surprised that the tests for some of the following days didn’t reach 100,000 per day, I’m sure the government had to hit a completely irrelevant number that day to try to hush a group of whingers who only whinged because the number wasn’t 100,000.

if the number had been 80,000, 70,000, 200,000 it would have made no difference, they would have still winged if the tests taken were as little as 1 below the number.
This is my point exactly, why do they keep setting dates and numbers, that are not particularly relevant. They then just have to spin the figures to appear to be on track, this just makes people sceptical and distrustful.

As I said, I know that they have a difficult job, be humble and honest about it, admit when you have made a mistake and admit when things go awry, I would have total understanding of that, however I currently feel that I’m being treated like an idiot.

I feel the same people who are ‘number watching’ often are the same types who are now complaining that the nightingale hospitals aren’t full :)
Can I complain that the nightingale hospitals aren't full of nurses wearing retro nurses uniforms with stockings

Slime

LE
This is my point exactly, why do they keep setting dates and numbers, that are not particularly relevant. They then just have to spin the figures to appear to be on track, this just makes people sceptical and distrustful.

As I said, I know that they have a difficult job, be humble and honest about it, admit when you have made a mistake and admit when things go awry, I would have total understanding of that, however I currently feel that I’m being treated like an idiot.
I’m too lazy to fill you in on the 100,000 figure, but having watched Hancock talk about it, and take questions on his aspiration every day fir a few weeks I feel the reasoning it pretty well known.

Returning to reading what you have written, I’m VERY aware at just how often you mention specific numbers or dates, and especially in relation to police cutbacks and Theresa May.

It seems you are a firm believer in using specific numbers and dates to form your points.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Slime

LE
Can I complain that the nightingale hospitals aren't full of nurses wearing retro nurses uniforms with stockings

Bloody hell, you could be onto something brilliant there. :)

I enjoyed the Banksy themed Dismaland exhibition at Weston Super Mare, Nurseyland at the Nightingale hospital at the university of the West of England could be even better :)

I’m too lazy to fill you in on the 100,000 figure, but having watched Hancock talk about it, and take questions on his aspiration every day fir a few weeks I feel the reasoning it pretty well known.

Returning to reading what you have written, I’m VERY aware at just how often you mention specific numbers or dates, and especially in relation to police cutbacks and Theresa May.

It seems you are a firm believer in using specific numbers and dates to form your points.
Me quoting verifiable figures of things that have happened in the past to evidence a point of view is totally different to a politician promising something tangible and checkable on a specific date in the future, that places them in an avoidable position.

As I said, I would trust a politician who came out and said, “we tried desperately to get to 100,000 tests a day, but we only made 89,000 or whatever because of the circumstances”, than being blatantly spun to and then feeling distrustful of them.

Your meme is flawed in its concept. It doesn’t just put knowledge out there, it also puts lies, bigotry, stupidity etc out there. It’s learning to be critical and to sift that helps.
That is the perhaps your silliest riposte to date. What was you saying about being taken for an idiot?

That is the perhaps your silliest riposte to date. What was you saying about being taken for an idiot?
What were you saying is probably what you should have written.

Stop constantly derailing the thread with what you consider humour.

Slime

LE
Me quoting verifiable figures of things that have happened in the past to evidence a point of view is totally different to a politician promising something tangible and checkable on a specific date in the future, that places them in an avoidable position.

As I said, I would trust a politician who came out and said, “we tried desperately to get to 100,000 tests a day, but we only made 89,000 or whatever because of the circumstances”, than being blatantly spun to and then feeling distrustful of them.

Then YOU are your own problem.

Test capacity has been given.
Uptake is published, no shows are published.

So the circumstances you want have been explained. Yet you seem to feel you haven’t been given the truth.

Latest Threads