New Labour Leadership

Sir Keir tweeted a tribute to Lee Rigby today, fair play to him, Corbyn wouldn't have. However that's not really what my post is about, more about this reply to it and the hilarious responses

I'll bet Julie is a real laugh when she's out on the piss.
There we see the fundamental fuckwitery of his / her type. Casually ignoring the fact that the vermin that did for Rigby didn’t hate us because we’d invaded some place but because we don’t subscribe to their views on religion and much else. On the basis they are in this country to further those views, you know, the ones that most don’t subscribe to, the question must be, who invaded who with the intention of subjugating the indigenous population?

Slime

LE
I don’t understand why BJ would paint himself into a corner, when he didn’t have to.

As I understand it, the app was rolled out on The IoW as a trial, but isn’t yet suitable for wholesale use yet. This is intrinsic to the capability of the track and trace idea. If the app isn’t being downloaded, and it’s needed to track and trace then it seems foolish to make a promise of an imminent date.
As you are following the situation you have every opportunity to know that apps for national use often take six months or more to deliver.

How do you think the U.K. has done starting to roll out an app in a few weeks?

As a comparison, the new app for Center Parcs was a few months just in the tendering phase, so a few months before it even started to be made.
This government app will be much more widely used, and be under an order of magnitude more scrutiny.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sir Keir tweeted a tribute to Lee Rigby today, fair play to him, Corbyn wouldn't have. However that's not really what my post is about, more about this reply to it and the hilarious responses

The following posts really need, so Julie is this going how you expected? in there

As you are following the situation you have every opportunity to know that apps for national use often take six months or more to deliver.

How do you think the U.K. has done starting to roll out an app in a few weeks?

You are helping make my point for me.

An app widely downloaded by the population is apparently a necessity for the track and trace element of the plan. I may be wrong on that point and I am happy to listen to others on that.

How are we going to get to the position of having a world class system by 01/06 when a fully operational app doesn’t look imminent and why would BJ back himself into that corner?

As to the reply, is it to early to ask if their tweet is going the way they expected

There are life forms in the average NAAFI microwave that stand head and shoulders above Corbyn on pretty much every metric from intellect through personality and all points beyond.
Sheer class. That deserves to be quoted so that it makes another appearance in this thread.

Pretty predictable. Give an inch and straight away the demand is scrap NHS charges for every immigrant. Then they'll moan about underfunding like the two are unrelated.
If the government believe in something enough to create and pass a Bill in Parliament, they need to stick by it for more than a day. Unfortunately when they caved so quickly on a point, then the opposition and pressure groups sense a chance.

philc

LE

And yet Labour still dont understand why they dont win elections.

And yes I know she may not be a Labour member, having given up her membership in a fit of pique when Corbyn was unfairly deposed.

Slime

LE
You are helping make my point for me.

An app widely downloaded by the population is apparently a necessity for the track and trace element of the plan. I may be wrong on that point and I am happy to listen to others on that.

How are we going to get to the position of having a world class system by 01/06 when a fully operational app doesn’t look imminent and why would BJ back himself into that corner?
No, I’m not aiding you with your pessimism.
The app is already working, it just hasn’t been rolled out across wider England yet.

Are you living in a different galaxy?
The take up, use and progress of the app has been widely covered in the MSM.

If, on the other hand the app took the normal length to build and test, we would be looking at first use (on the Isle of Wight) in September.

No, I’m not aiding you with your pessimism.
The app is already working, it just hasn’t been rolled out across wider England yet.

Are you living in a different galaxy?
The take up, use and progress of the app has been widely covered in the MSM.

If, on the other hand the app took the normal length to build and test, we would be looking at first use (on the Isle of Wight) in September.
I’m not sure that the forecast for the app, means that it will up and running by 01/06. If that’s right, then the track and trace, is going to have to be done manually by call takers using data from other sources. That will not be world beating.

Slime

LE
I'll bet Julie is a real laugh when she's out on the piss.
She can’t come out tonight she’s washing her hair................but it’s on an express wash and spin dry, so she might be out later. :)

Slime

LE
I’m not sure that the forecast for the app, means that it will up and running by 01/06. If that’s right, then the track and trace, is going to have to be done manually by call takers using data from other sources. That will not be world beating.
Well, aren’t you a miserable little soldier :)

Well, aren’t you a miserable little soldier :)
I’m not in the game of mindlessly accepting what politicians spoon feed me. Decades of being spun and misled has taught me that (both parties included).

Let’s see if we get a world beating test, track and trace system on 01/06 as promised.

Slime

LE
I’m not in the game of mindlessly accepting what politicians spoon feed me. Decades of being spun and misled has taught me that (both parties included).

Let’s see if we get a world beating test, track and trace system on 01/06 as promised.
What difference will it make to you personally if we do or don’t get one?

Latest Threads