New Labour Leadership

David Lammy has his own show on LBC on Saturday afternoons, after Maajid Nawaz (Who is excellent). Today he was reporting directly from the Labour Party conference in Brighton. He was wondering what would have to happen to get people to vote for the party again. One of the people he asked was the erudite, objective and forensic intellectual Owen Jones. Now if there was ever a reason not to vote Labour, it would be because the boy Jones supports it. One caller suggested that the party was out of touch with normal voters, but, in one of the biggest displays of irony ever, Mr Lammy dismissed that as nonsense. Then there was a guy who proposed that the party was too woke and working class people are not woke. This was easily disregarded with a snort and "Woke? Whatever that is." before moving on quickly.

Clueless, absolutely ferkin clueless. I think we will never see another Labour government in my lifetime and, judging by my parents, I probably have about another 30-35 years left.

Last edited:
David Lammy has his own show on LBC on Saturday afternoons, after Maajid Nawaz (Who is excellent). Today he was reporting directly from the Labour Party conference in Brighton. He was wondering what would have to happen to get people to vote for the party again. One of the people he asked was the erudite, objective and forensic intellectual Owen Jones. Now if there was ever a reason not to vote Labour, it would be because the boy Jones supports it. One caller suggested that the party was out of touch with normal voters, but, in one of the biggest displays of irony ever, Mr Lammy dismissed that as nonsense. Then there was a guy who proposed that the party was too woke and working class people are not woke. This was easily disregarded with a snort and "Woke? Whatever that is." before moving on quickly.

Clueless, absolutely ferkin clueless. I think we will never see another Labour government in my lifetime and, judging by my parents, I probably have about another 30-35 years left.
I haven't listened to LBC in ages. Maajid's show is the only one I miss, although some of his callers can be off the scale batshit lunatics. He is excellent and does a great service showing them up and educating the listeners. Iain Dale had his moments but sometimes I did wonder. He seems to have bouts of emotions controlling his thoughts rather than logic.

I haven't listened to LBC in ages. Maajid's show is the only one I miss, although some of his callers can be off the scale batshit lunatics. He is excellent and does a great service showing them up and educating the listeners. Iain Dale had his moments but sometimes I did wonder. He seems to have bouts of emotions controlling his thoughts rather than logic.
I don't normally listen to David Lammy, as he is a one track record, but I was cutting the grass, listening to Maajid, then mr 1% was next and I just left it on.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

@greenbaggyskin - I have you down as one of the more stable, intelligent posters on this site.
Yet you admit to listening to David Lammy on a Saturday afternoon? WTF!
I admit to being a pretty boring individual nowadays, but I reckon I could list at least a thousand things to be doing with my life at the weekend, before I would contemplate listening to that one trick pony - I switched off Question Time halfway through on Thursday evening because of his smug, ranting style.
Take yourself outside for a good thrashing man! :smile:

Daz

LE
Oops
FAPcBOzXoAUsObu.jpeg

@greenbaggyskin - I have you down as one of the more stable, intelligent posters on this site.
Yet you admit to listening to David Lammy on a Saturday afternoon? WTF!
I admit to being a pretty boring individual nowadays, but I reckon I could list at least a thousand things to be doing with my life at the weekend, before I would contemplate listening to that one trick pony - I switched off Question Time halfway through on Thursday evening because of his smug, ranting style.
Take yourself outside for a good thrashing man! :smile:
@slipperman Thanks...I think.

I have a plausible excuse.

My garden is huge and it take me about two hours to cut the grass on my tractor mower. The tractor mower is also very loud, so to protect my hearing I wear my noise-cancelling Bose headset and listen to the radio whilst mowing. When I started Maajid Nawaz was on and he is a very well-balanced individual who, unusually among radio presenters, talks a lot of sense and is about as objective and non-partisan as you can get. Sadly, about an hour in, Maajid finished and mad David the 1 percenter came on. I couldn't be bothered to stop and change stations so I just let it run. It was 'entertaining' to say the least.

Nonetheless I have thrashed myself thoroughly as you suggested.

Still think I'm stable and intelligent?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
@slipperman Thanks...I think.

I have a plausible excuse.

My garden is huge and it take me about two hours to cut the grass on my tractor mower. The tractor mower is also very loud, so to protect my hearing I wear my noise-cancelling Bose headset and listen to the radio whilst mowing. When I started Maajid Nawaz was on and he is a very well-balanced individual who, unusually among radio presenters, talks a lot of sense and is about as objective and non-partisan as you can get. Sadly, about an hour in, Maajid finished and mad David the 1 percenter came on. I couldn't be bothered to stop and change stations so I just let it run. It was 'entertaining' to say the least.

Nonetheless I have thrashed myself thoroughly as you suggested.

Still think I'm stable and intelligent?
Listening to that rubbish, now have you checked on your lawn, and mower?

C5A94264-AA72-4AC8-89B2-B2D5800AB853.jpeg

After all your mind obviously wasn’t on the job in hand.

TamH70

MIA
Probably didn't have any ID so they wouldn't let her in.

Well, she doesn't have any now, given that they ripped up her passes and such...

Latest Threads